New 950 Adventure Owner

Certainly not new to riding, but I did just buy a really decent 06 950 Adventure!

3-quarter-view-center-stand.jpg?resize=1

It's had all the right mods done to it (just 19,000 miles) and I am now starting to add the right protection and farkles.

First up is a black dog skid plate, some wider pegs (maybe pivots?), and some risers.

I'm a web developer so naturally I had to blog about it - right?  
I bought a domain that matches my license plate (http://aufroad.com/so-i-bought-a-bike/) and will be using that to document my rides as well as my upgrades.

Anyways, I just found the site, joined and thought I'd introduce myself.

oh, and my name is Mike :)

• Like 3

Love the Orange ones! I tried to find one just like that, but always missed it by a day. Enjoy & welcome! 06 is arguably the best year too, for those that prefer carbies.

I found this in Northern CA. It could have been the one you were looking at as the seller said there was someone who wanted it and was coming on Monday (I bought it on Sunday!).  :)

Welcome to site.  Great looking bike!

Thanks!  Looking forward to this 'adventure'!

• Like 2

Nice find!  I just bought one about 4 months ago.  Had 17k miles on it.  It was clean and had all the important stuff done, but not much in the way of improvements.

I can't tell from the picture, but has the side stand been moved off the engine case?  If not, do it before you ride in the dirt!  One little tumble can be a very $$$ expensive repair bill.

I'm looking at going to Death Valley too.

• Like 2

Nice find!  I just bought one about 4 months ago.  Had 17k miles on it.  It was clean and had all the important stuff done, but not much in the way of improvements.

I can't tell from the picture, but has the side stand been moved off the engine case?  If not, do it before you ride in the dirt!  One little tumble can be a very $$$ expensive repair bill.

I'm looking at going to Death Valley too.

Good for you!  Yes, It has the BlackDog kickstand relocation done. That made it a bitch when it came to registering it as they had to see both the VIN and the engine number and the BD plate completely blocks any view of the number.    I've just bought a cameltoe (knockoff) and a new tankbag (Wolfman's large expedition).  

I'm not sure about the tank bag though as I need something to fit my 13" Macbook Pro. The Expedition said it was 13" long but it's nowhere near that.

Next up, BlackDog skid plate and pivot pegs.  

• Like 1