Hellooooooo

Hey everyone, im new to the adventure riding group. Just got a Triumph Tiger 800 cx and im ready to do some on road/off road trips. I've been maping out routes already. Already had my first issue with the electrical system. My front turn signal light went out and it's almost impossible to get a replacement. I've been looking at getting the LED lights to replace it with. Lots of forums out there for this. Other than that, been riding just a little, because a soon as I got the bike the weather has been ridiculous. Crazy downpours nonstop. Oh well, I'll get out there one way or another. If anyone has any good trails to ride, or if they are going for a ride, i'm in virginia, so just give me a holler. I'll post some pics soon of my new, first ever, bike :D

• Like 3

Ill send some pics as soon as the weather clears I'd love to send the rain too, this is getting old. I plan on making a road trip to Tail of the Dragon in Tennessee. Bout an 8hr trip. Also gonna take a ride down to various beach to see my brother and do some riding along the coast w him. Ill get some good pics for you guys.

• Administrators

Hey everyone, im new to the adventure riding group. Just got a Triumph Tiger 800 cx and im ready to do some on road/off road trips. I've been maping out routes already. Already had my first issue with the electrical system. My front turn signal light went out and it's almost impossible to get a replacement. I've been looking at getting the LED lights to replace it with. Lots of forums out there for this. Other than that, been riding just a little, because a soon as I got the bike the weather has been ridiculous. Crazy downpours nonstop. Oh well, I'll get out there one way or another. If anyone has any good trails to ride, or if they are going for a ride, i'm in virginia, so just give me a holler. I'll post some pics soon of my new, first ever, bike :D

Apparently Triumph sucks at turn signals... still!

My fix: https://xladv.com/topic/260-triumph-tiger-800xc-led-turn-signal-upgrade/

• Like 1

Fortunately it was just my bulb that went out, and not the whole turn signal falling off Still, its hard to find a bulb. The triumph dealership is ordering some so I can get them there. I'm still thinking about upgrading to LED's though. Weather finally cleared so going for a ride today. I've got a vivitar go pro I'm gonna try and figure out how to work, then maybe I can post some videos as well as pics. Got it from work after 6 years of service. Not sure how good it is, but free is always good

Weirdest thing, it works now. Off and on, but it works. I think maybe it's the connection. There wasn't any connection grease when I took it out, so maybe it's a little loose. Going to triumph tomorrow to get a key made, ill ask them then. So on a different note, went for an awesome ride today since the weather finally broke. Took a nice 3 1/2 hrs ride down to Jamestown near the James river, via some awesome winding roads. Along the way I hit a .........wait for it...............Turkey!!!! That's right, a freakin Turkey, and it was huge! I saw it on the side of the road coming around a turn, probably scared it. It started taking off, and I'm like "Noooo, don't doit you stupid bird!" All I could do was stuck my head and shrug my shoulders and wait for the impact. It hit my r shoulder on its chest and belly. Solid bird I wobbled a little and kept going. Both of us happy that was all that happened. I was thanking the Lord many times after that little encounter. A Turkey, really!? Anyone else hit some kind of animal on their bike?

• Like 2

• Administrators

Damn, now you're going to have to buy your T-gving turkey! ;) Glad you came out unscathed... Some of those Toms are heavy!

The only thing that I've hit was a rattlesnake when I lived in San Diego. Was machin' down this dirt road on my WR400F, came drifting around a corner and there he was. No way to avoid and when I looked back, he was tumbling. I hit him square, on the gas. Not sure if he made it or no. I didn't turn back.

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I posted last, so here's an update. Got 2 New keys made and coded no problem. L turn signal, near as I can tell, flashes quickly at first, then steady on purpose. Maybe it's a safety thing, but at least the bulb works went on my first long ride with 6 other riders w varying bikes to a men's retreat w my church. AWESOME!!!!!!! We went to Shenandoah parkway and blue ridge parkway. It was a 6hr trip both down and back. Lots of winding roads, so cool! Ordered a fenda extenda, and radiator guard and a side stand foot from altrider. The first of many add-ons I'm sure will come. Love this bike

• Administrators

Been a while since I posted last, so here's an update. Got 2 New keys made and coded no problem. L turn signal, near as I can tell, flashes quickly at first, then steady on purpose. Maybe it's a safety thing, but at least the bulb works went on my first long ride with 6 other riders w varying bikes to a men's retreat w my church. AWESOME!!!!!!! We went to Shenandoah parkway and blue ridge parkway. It was a 6hr trip both down and back. Lots of winding roads, so cool! Ordered a fenda extenda, and radiator guard and a side stand foot from altrider. The first of many add-ons I'm sure will come. Love this bike

The fenda extenda, are you talking about the front? If so, let us know how it works. I've been thinking of one. We do have a Triumph centric forum, so jump in over there and click the "follow" button, that is, if you want to know what riders are talking about Tiger stuff. :)

• 5 months later...

I hit a rooster pheasant long time ago riding a gravel road at night in Iowa. My head light lit him up and he jumped out of the ditch right into my path. I tried to turtle my head into my body but he caught me right square in the forehead. Almost took me off the back of the bike, a little 185 Suzuki enduro. Pre helmet required days and I was young enough to believe myself indestructible.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I hit a rooster pheasant long time ago riding a gravel road at night in Iowa. My head light lit him up and he jumped out of the ditch right into my path. I tried to turtle my head into my body but he caught me right square in the forehead. Almost took me off the back of the bike, a little 185 Suzuki enduro. Pre helmet required days and I was young enough to believe myself indestructible.

I too was indestructible. In the last 2 years, I've managed to rip a bicep tendon off the bone and had carpal tunnel surgery. The brain is 20, but body is fully 47. ;) Makes for good stories! ;)

• Like 1