• 4 weeks later...

Just mounted an e-805 and don't like the look or how the tread lays out for what would be lean angles on pavement. ? Maybe it's nothing. Really interested in off pavement traction.

I'll be real close to Slaven's next month and will see what he has for Motoz.

IMG_20180412_195523669.jpg

Edited by rider_marc
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I like that tire a lot for 60/40 use and the price.  I did a review on those last year.  But for as much dirt as I do, I really prefer the 70/20 Motoz Tractionator Adventure.  I think Motoz should consider a 60/40 block knob tire too but I have no idea if they'll make one.

On 4/12/2018 at 7:12 PM, rider_marc said:

Just mounted an e-805 and don't like the look or how the tread lays out for what would be lean angles on pavement. ?

I've been very happy with mine and railing around a lot of cars on the outside of on ramps!  Haven't found the limit yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PeteN95 said:

I've been very happy with mine and railing around a lot of cars on the outside of on ramps!  Haven't found the limit yet.

I've pushed my E-805 really hard on the street and never even squirmed.  I'm not a fan of how the tread pattern wears however - the shallower sipes in the blocks go away at some point and just leaves block "paddles" after that.  I'm riding on the MotoZ Adventure Tractionators now and love them.  They also have a 50/50 tire that looks a bit like the Heidenau - they have way more off-road traction and are estimated to last around 8000 miles versus the overly hard Heidenau which some claim 10,000+ miles.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/13/2015 at 9:36 PM, zeddy said:

My issue is that I cannot bring myself to spoon on anything but the most aggressive knobby but one day I may be carving up the Hwy the best I can and later in the day I will hit some single track. I want a tire that will do both and last forever.

I don't ask for much do I!

Well, the more aggressive tire is here! The Tubeless Motoz Tractionator Desert H/T tire has landed in the 150/70-18 rear and 90/90-21 front. Take a look:  

https://www.chapmoto.com/motoz--tractionator

Motoz Desert HT Tubeless 3.jpg

Motoz Desert HT Tubeless 9.jpg

Motoz Desert HT Tubeless with TKC80.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

So new tire out from our friends at Motoz USA called the "Tractionator Rallz." 

37922112_1923649751007193_6464617089826029568_n.jpg

Here's what we know now...

• Available now in 150/70-18 ($207) and 90/90-21 ($108)
  • Tubeless
  • 80% dirt/20% street so essentially positioned between the ADV (70/30) and Desert H/T (90/10)
  • Even MORE tread lug (16mm) than the ADV (15mm)

Here's what it looks like next to the ADV

IMG_0485.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/3/2017 at 8:27 PM, 556baller said:

I rarely pay attention to the speed ratings on tires but I noticed that particular tire is rated up 81mph. For me there are long road stretches between sections of dirt where its all 80+ mph speeds. Anyone have a tire issue related to speed yet? 

I have had issues with my tractionator front. It is wearing perfectly even but at speeds over 100mph it is scary. Any sudden movement causes the bike to go into a tank slapper. I tried varying pressure which helped a bit. Before I identified the tire as the issue I  went over my suspension and installed a scott steering damper. Took the tire off and the problem was gone. Now my rear has split between the lugs of every second center lug, with about 85% tread remaining. Can't say that i'm impressed. 

I love the offroad manners of these tires but I'm scared what to try next. I might just go back to a tkc80. boooo MOTOZ

On 7/29/2018 at 10:45 AM, zeddy said:

I might just buy a set of 804/805 until I can figure out what to do

Just mounted a new set and was railing some twisty pavement this weekend.  Also tore up some gravel roads and these tires rock!  And I got 8k miles out of the last 805 rear!?!

Edited by PeteN95
  • Like 1

I, with out a doubt, will be getting the new desert ht front and rear on my 990, I went from the old desert ht 90/100, and 140 rear, to a D606 front and mefo super explorer rear. The traction on dirt and pavement is disappointing comepared to the motoz tires! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PeteN95 said:

Just mounted a new set and was railing some twisty pavement this weekend.  Also tore up some gravel roads and these tires rock!  And I got 8k miles out of the last 805 rear!?!

Oh there is no way I could do 4k miles. on a set of any tires. I have 8.5k miles on my bike and this will be my third front and sixth rear. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, zeddy said:

Oh there is no way I could do 4k miles. on a set of any tires. I have 8.5k miles on my bike and this will be my third front and sixth rear. 

I must admit, most of the miles on that last 805 were road miles.  I think spinning on gravel would kill it much quicker.  But even so, I was very impressed with the wear and it still had a little knob height in the center.

• Like 1