22 hours ago, zeddy said:

Oh there is no way I could do 4k miles. on a set of any tires. I have 8.5k miles on my bike and this will be my third front and sixth rear. 

I used to have that problem too... 1.5K was the most I have ever gotten out of a TKC 80  or a Rally Raid tire.  The Motoz tires, do last longer. Longer on my KTM 950 Super Enduro. Longer on my BMW R1200GSA. And longer on my KTM 1190 Adv R then any other tires I have run previously.  Well, except for the K60 Scouts... but those were sketchy! 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2017 at 8:27 PM, 556baller said:

I rarely pay attention to the speed ratings on tires but I noticed that particular tire is rated up 81mph. For me there are long road stretches between sections of dirt where its all 80+ mph speeds. Anyone have a tire issue related to speed yet? 

I ride 90+ MPH on a daily basis. In this video you can see 95 mph is my cruising speed on the highway with a top speed of 135mph. 

My freeway speed every day is between 80mph and 95mph for stretches of 25 miles to 70 miles depending on my destination which equals 200+ highway miles a week.  I am currently running Motoz Desert HT Tubeless tires.  They do well at high speeds, but off- road is where they excel and why I have them mounted. The 150 miles of OFF Road riding I do on the weekends demands a good and reliable knobby tire.  

• Like 1

On 5/15/2018 at 4:55 PM, Manybikes said:

Well, the more aggressive tire is here! The Tubeless Motoz Tractionator Desert H/T tire has landed in the 150/70-18 rear and 90/90-21 front. Take a look:  

https://www.chapmoto.com/motoz--tractionator

Motoz Desert HT Tubeless 3.jpg

Motoz Desert HT Tubeless 9.jpg

Motoz Desert HT Tubeless with TKC80.jpg

What it looks like today... Almost ready to be swapped out. 

Motoz Desert HT Almost Gone.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was looking forward to giving the Desert HT a try at the #XLADVHIGHSIERRA2018. Unfortunately 2+ hours of sustained 90+ mph @40psi on my 1190 loaded down melted the center knobs. I was able to ride all weekend and back home. The first two pictures were taken Friday at 6am before the rally and the last picture was taken when I got home.

Were the high speeds, pressure, and weight asking too much of a 90/10 tire?

BTW I feel that they held up so well on the trail & twisty roads after the damage says a lot about their construction quality. I am concerned about the compound may not be suited for my street riding style:)

IMG_20180831_062621116.jpg

IMG_20180831_062609425.jpg

IMG_20180903_082650490_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Trailzrider said:

I was looking forward to giving the Desert HT a try at the #XLADVHIGHSIERRA2018. Unfortunately 2+ hours of sustained 90+ mph @40psi on my 1190 loaded down melted the center knobs. I was able to ride all weekend and back home. The first two pictures were taken Friday at 6am before the rally and the last picture was taken when I got home.

Were the high speeds, pressure, and weight asking too much of a 90/10 tire?

BTW I feel that they held up so well on the trail & twisty roads after the damage says a lot about their construction quality. I am concerned about the compound may not be suited for my street riding style:)

IMG_20180831_062621116.jpg

IMG_20180831_062609425.jpg

IMG_20180903_082650490_HDR.jpg

How many miles was it from your home to camp?

1 hour ago, Eric Hall said:

Too fast too heavy

I just went on the Motoz website. The tire has a load speed rating of 70Q = 739lb @ 99mph. Even if the bike weighed 1,000lb and I averaged 95mph for 2-hours I do not think it should have failed the way it did. So far all the response I have received at ESP (The shop that works on my bike) say they do not think it should have failed under those conditions. Maybe I will contact the factory to help me understand if the failure is reasonable or not. BTW the bike has a new set of Rallz front and rear now.

• Like 1

The Rallz have the same 70Q Load/Speed rating as the HT. I have been happy with the various Motoz models I have tried in the past, but do want to better understand the limitations so I do not have this issue again. There are 75-80 mph highways out there and want to make sure I am running at least an 70/30 tire that can handle a 10% overage over the posted speed limit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2018 at 8:05 PM, Eric Hall said:

Ah so apparently even though the new tire is called Rallz they pronounce it “Rallys.”

Desert HT's are off and the RallZ tires are mounted!  In this video you will see my used up Desert H/T tires, next to a brand new set... next to the RallZ tire next to the Tractionator Adventure Tire.  Three different tires for three different riders. Pretty neat.  What do you think? Take a look:  

• Like 2

• Administrators

Another excellent video, @Manybikes!  Very thorough explanation.  Interesting you say ADV is 75/25 when I've been saying 70/30 this whole time.  Pretty close.  I also viewed the MKII as kind of the ADV V.2 but it's a separate tire altogether.

Happy with my RallZ tires so far!  They did very well at High Sierra and the feeling I'm getting is like they took the knob on the ADV tire and turned it up to 11.

• 3 weeks later...