• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Update on the RallZ...  Got about 7k miles out of them!  I thought they'd be similar to the Adventure where I got 5500 off the rear.  Front was too gone to continue as well.

Like I had thought before, these RallZ are like the Adventures turned up to 11.  They start with an extra mm of tread too.

And the rear

• Like 3

• Administrators

Checkout this guy's comments on the front tire photo... danedeboer.  I think he's confusing me with someone else because he seems to be saying that because I said "no wobble" then I'm somehow acknowledging that the old ones (that did wobble) caused his crash in the sand?!!  He actually did say that I had told him that (I didn't) and that I don't know what I'm talking about.

We did talk but it was about risers, not tires (I still have the conversation records).  I did leave one comment on a photo of his he posted about the tires and I said "you're going to like those."

I told him if someone did indeed tell him it wasn't the Motoz tires that caused his accident that I would have to agree!  I've fallen in sand many times but it was due to my lack of skill, not tires.

The old MKII's did have a noticeable wobble for me but on pavement around 70 mph and it went away after the first 100 miles.  The Desert HT's also wobbled a bit and bothered me on the way back from IDBDR last year but never off road.  Any dirt biassed knobby tire on a heavy adventure bike is going to wobble.  Even my nobbies on the CRF450x at 65 mph on the highway wobbled.  That's what nobbies do.

Perhaps he can enlighten us on what he was trying to say but from the look of his feed it doesn't look like he has a lot of experience riding big bikes off road so I'm going to have to stick with my original hypothesis. lol

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Finally did a considerable amount of mud yesterday here in Colombia. I left Salamina headed west and had a LOT of it. Slippery like monkey sh*t.

Surprising these new (~1,000) GPS in road orientation even, did quite well! I think the traction control helped too but a few times I had long uphills that I wasn’t sure I’d make.

This on uphill switch back looked impossible because I had to slow down for the turn and lost so much momentum. But the GPS handled it fine.

The front tried to slip out a few time downhill but hey, that’s mud for you.

IMG_0627.jpg
  • Like 1