• Administrators

I was at the KTM Rally a few weeks ago and snapped a pic of a new set of tires they are releasing for distribution soon, the Motoz "Tractionator Adventure" series (70/30; tubeless).  This one pic alone got a reach of something like 17,000 on Facebook!

IMG 2394

I'm happy to announce that I'll be testing a set of these shortly on the XLADV project 990.

I've seen their Tractionator Desert H/T tire and it is IMPRESSIVE!  These are 100% natural rubber tires and are built to LAST longer and keep their grip even when worn down.  Motoz is pronounced "moat-oz" with the "oz" referring to Australia, where the company is located.  The tires are manufactured in Thailand, which is the #1 supplier of natural rubber.

Got news today that Motoz has yet another new adventure tire they are releasing Spring '16 and can be seen next week at AIMExpo, booth #613.

All I've been told is that it's a 50/50 tire and is also tubeless (can also take a tube if you like); also that 17" rears will also be available in 2016.

Motoz is being distributed here in the US by Pacific Powersports of Temecula, CA.

Behold, the "Adventure GPS"

IMG 2745

IMG 2746

IMG 2744

IMG 2743

Which of these tires would you be most likely to try and for what type of riding?

• Like 5

• Administrators

Eric how many miles are they saying one can get out of these and how will they be on pavement?  Also, I think you answered the question will they release a 170 rear?

They honestly don't know how many miles to expect.  If I get more than 2,600 (TKC-80 for me) then I'll be impressed.

As for the 170 rear, I'll ask next week @AIMExpo :)

These look good, let us know how they work on/off and durability.  My bigblock's are shot after 2500 miles

That many?  I used to get 900 miles off my old Kenda Big Blocks but I heard they reformulated the blend to make it last a bit longer.

• Like 1

I would love to see a three way comparison between these, the tkc80, and the Mitas E-09. So far the last two have been my go to tires. I find the Tkc better on road but with shorter tread wear and the E-09 more aggressive off road with longer life. These might be the best of both worlds. My only concern is we have a lot of clay mud and how these might pack up in the wet season...Have they started a waiting list yet:)

Edited by zeddy
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I have to be careful what I say.  They told me these are "pre production prototypes" and to hold off issuing anything public about them just yet.  I think they have two compound formulas they are trying out and want to see how each fares before they choose a final.  I'm sure they're fine with me saying I like them but probably don't want me saying exactly how many miles I get off each one.

For the record, I put these on at 6380 miles today.  I have them aired to 33 psi as is shown on the tire.  We shall see!

As for performance though, you need only check their other dirt bike tires for reports of their performance.  I've heard nothing but good things about them.  Longer lasting, great grip, off road traction, etc...

Agree w/ the TKC 80/Mitas E09 conundrum though.  Two of my favorite tires.

• Like 1

My issue is that I cannot bring myself to spoon on anything but the most aggressive knobby but one day I may be carving up the Hwy the best I can and later in the day I will hit some single track. I want a tire that will do both and last forever.

I don't ask for much do I!

• Like 3