Third set for me

How about some new versus used pics. I know there's a lot of tread there when new, but what would be good to know is the mileage you're getting out of them, the riding conditions and how they work on the road for you (if you do much). In one of your previous "new set" pics, there looks to be a new and old tire, but the older tire still looks like it has lots of life left. Why the early change over?

• Like 1

• Administrators

How about some new versus used pics. I know there's a lot of tread there when new, but what would be good to know is the mileage you're getting out of them, the riding conditions and how they work on the road for you (if you do much). In one of your previous "new set" pics, there looks to be a new and old tire, but the older tire still looks like it has lots of life left. Why the early change over?

Have you read my review? https://xladv.com/reviews/product/788-motoz-tractionator-adventure-15070-18/

Here's what my second rear looks like after about 3600 miles.  I'm debating whether or not to change it though.  I still has 2k miles left in it but I do have two plugs in it.  There's safety to consider, then again the laziness and thrift factor in that I'd rather not go to the trouble of changing it right now if I don't have to.  My front Desert H/T I put on in July is kind of shot, so I'll definitely replace that one.

Screen Shot 2016-12-03 at 6.25.02 AM.png

Once I change the rear, I'll be sure to post a side-by-side pic for comparison.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've been running Motoz tyres for a year now both on my small CRF (300L) and my big CRF (1000L). Last month I bought Motoz tubes for both of these bikes too, HD for the 300, UHD for the 1000.

The HD are on top, UHD tubes are below. They are thick, heavy and look strong. Notice the difference between the two tubes on the right; both are for a 21" 90/90 front tyre. The UHD tube below is much larger.

IMG_1974.JPG

I've used the Motoz Mountain Hybrid rear for 6K+ km and have recently purchased the front.

IMG_1982.JPG

I've also bought the Extreme Hybrid for the rear to replace the Mountain Hybrid, but it's still got lots of life in it. Here's the two tyres compared.

IMG_1984.JPG

I've been very happy with the Mountain Hybrid both on and off road and the wear is good. It's just large and heavy for the under powered CRF.

On the CRF1000L I've run the Tractionator Adventure front and rear. I took off the rear as I found it noisy at highway speeds although offered great traction off road. I'm saving it for a long trip with more off road riding. I'm still running the front, which is almost at 7K km now. As you can see it's cupping badly but still has tread.

IMG_1980.JPG

IMG_1979.JPG

IMG_1981.JPG

I've bought a Tractionator Desert HT front to replace this as it's better suited to heavier bikes.

For the rear I've been running the Tractionator GPS in the 50/50 direction. I've been very happy with this tyre, again both on and off road. At slow speeds you can 'feel the tread' but the centre strip keeps the noise well below the humming sounds of the rear Adventure at 80km/h+ speeds. I've ridden over 5.5K km on this rear now, including a tough 4K km trip to Myanmar.

IMG_1973.JPG

IMG_1971.JPG

Motoz rubber isn't the easiest to come by here in Thailand where there is no official distributor so I'm stock piling the GPS rears as the price is right (I have local sources) and they have performed well for me so far.

IMG_1986.JPG

Edited by Craig S
Photos added.
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Wow!  That is like a MotoZ shrine you got going there!  Thanks for posting up.  I think they're great tires.

I'm not sure I agree that the Desert H/T is better suited for heavier bikes than the Adventure though.  It's certainly better off road though.

I haven't had the chance to use it yet so I can't comment on the Desert H/T front personally, only noting the info from Motoz themselves 

"Heavy duty front – works well on heavy bikes."

And the fact that the load index is heavier than the Adventure. Look forward to giving it a try..,

Edited by Craig S
  • Like 1

I haven't Eric but one of the riders on the recent Myanmar trip and a friend of mine uses the K60 due to the limited sizes on the GPS. 

IMG_1788.JPG

The tread patterns look similar at first glance but the compounds differ with the Motoz being 100% rubber. I would expect the GPS to therefore be a little better on wet tarmac but not have the legendary longevity of the K60.

The GPS is a lot cheaper for me too as it's manufactured, although not officially sold, locally here in Thailand.

Edited by Craig S
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

After 8,500km I changed the Tractionator Adventure front yesterday. The cupping was causing it to start howling at speed and the ride was also being negatively affected.

Replaced with a Tractionator Desert H/T, which is a 90/100. The front felt immediately more responsive. Currently running this at 28psi. Fitted Motoz UHD 4mm tubes too, front and rear, so will be taking pressures down off road to improve traction.

IMG_2065.JPG

IMG_2067.JPG

IMG_2068.JPG

Edited by Craig S

The Tractionator Desert H/T is rated at 57R, which is for max speeds of 170kph/105mph. 

I don't ride those speeds. Too dangerous in Asia, you never know what's going to run out/pull out onto the road!

Edited by Craig S
  • Like 1