It's not a road biased tyre for sure. A friend had it on his AT too and complained the windshield would vibrate at low speeds because of the tread. I've only ever ridden on knobblies so don't notice anything.

I had the Tractionator Adventure on before and that howled at speeds. The centre strip of the GPS keeps both the noise and road manners of this tyre, if you pardon the pun, in line...

Edited by Craig S
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Motoz has some news...  

Finally we're seeing the 120's and 170's for the BMW LC bikes in the Tractionator Adventure (70/30) as well as the GPS (50/50).  They've also come out with the new "Mark 2" or MK2 version of their 21" front Tractionator Adventure.  I have to try that one out.

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 8.48.33 AM.png

120_170 Motoz Adventure_GPS New Product Release Press.pdf

Never read a good thing about the Tractionator Adventure front. I wouldn't use it again either.

Last Motoz front I used was the Tractionator Desert H/T which was better off road but also suffered from cupping after too much tarmac.

Looking forward to see the MkII. Shows a company listens to its customer feedback.

IMG_3275.JPG

IMG_3276.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Here it is: the new Tractionator Adventure II or "mark two."

Motoz didn't tell me exactly what they did or why. We all suspect the overwhelming feedback on the first gen tire was that it wobbles and weaves too much on pavement. Looking at the more rounded crown tells me that's exactly what they've attempted to address here. The first one seemed to rely too much on the center strip of knobs on pavement and that just wasn't enough surface area to stabilize the bike. This rounded crown now tells me that it's going to settle quite nicely and give it proper big bike manners rather than the small bike knobby weave. Motoz did say they view this mark two version as actually even better off road too.

I will test it out on this new Africa Twin that Honda is allowing me to play with for about six weeks and report back.
IMG_1198.JPG

• Like 6

The outer knobs appear to retain the same configuration between the two versions. They've oriented the new center knobs differently in relation to the outer knobs with greater separation between the center ones. Maybe a little less depth also. 

Because of the center knob layout on my ADV 1.0 , I decrease the psi somewhat to get less squirreliness in the feedback. 

A pretty beefy rugged tire though compared to the oem's that I was running. 

Better rim protection for sure. 

Lets see how this version holds up over some mileage. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...