My experience so far with the rear tire has been almost entirely superior to the Shinko 805 and TKC80. I have a new 1090R and have been enjoying ALL the power the bike has to offer, so I have really been putting this tire to the test, and just happened to do more high speed highway than I usually aim for over the last 2000 miles. The off-road consisted of a variety of conditions including some pretty nasty sharp Gnar climbs, as well as some higher speed bombing through loose gravel, and larger stone terrain. Also, quite a bit of 'sandy gravel' that the Rampart Range is known for here in CO...

I'm sure the tire has plenty of life left and clearly will out last the Shinko 805 and TKC80 without breaking a sweat. On the next rear I will focus on riding a bit more mildly on pavement to see how far I can stretch the wear.

IMG_8875.JPGIMG_8878.JPGIMG_8876.JPGIMG_8877.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

My 90/90-21 Trac. Adv. front has run its course and time to replace it. 

I estimate during its fitment it saw 70/30 usage from 36psi to 26 psi if I took the time to air down on long stretches of dirt roads. 

A rugged tire that did well to protect my oem ktm rim. 

This tire took a good amount of weight to balance with a rebalance check halfway in. 

Being aware of the heavy/tall tread on this tire I tried to go easy on the front brakes on pavement with running through the gears on decell. 

Being an old tightwad I put up with this tire developing a severe tread scalloping and heighth differences to the point of it almost hopping of the pavement. 

My suspension settings were mainly set to sport riding per ktm manual. 

Little over 3800 miles  

IMG_0293.JPG

Edited by PeteMoto
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The Motoz Tractionator Adventure is the tubeless tire of choice for my KTM 1190 Adv. R.  I get well over 3000 miles whereas all the others (TKC 80, Shinko 805, various Mitas) are useless by around 2200-2500 miles.  Handsome devil too.  I just tried to re-order and was told that the 150-70 is being re-tooled and will not be available until April/May.  I was also told that others have used the 140-80 on my bike so I ordered one.  Haven't spooned it on yet so I can't confirm the fitment yet. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...