7 minutes ago, Jason R said:

How many miles was it from your home to camp?

Left my house at 9:30pm and arrived at Big Pine at 12:15am where I noticed the damage. 245-Miles

1 hour ago, Eric Hall said:

Too fast too heavy

I just went on the Motoz website. The tire has a load speed rating of 70Q = 739lb @ 99mph. Even if the bike weighed 1,000lb and I averaged 95mph for 2-hours I do not think it should have failed the way it did. So far all the response I have received at ESP (The shop that works on my bike) say they do not think it should have failed under those conditions. Maybe I will contact the factory to help me understand if the failure is reasonable or not. BTW the bike has a new set of Rallz front and rear now.

• Like 1

MotoZ Tractionator H/T tires going to Utah with me. Let's see how many miles TKC-80s last before I change them out.

Plus random work photo from my 4 day hitch this week20180907_095827.jpeg20180905_191537.jpeg

• Like 1

The Rallz have the same 70Q Load/Speed rating as the HT. I have been happy with the various Motoz models I have tried in the past, but do want to better understand the limitations so I do not have this issue again. There are 75-80 mph highways out there and want to make sure I am running at least an 70/30 tire that can handle a 10% overage over the posted speed limit.

On 8/14/2018 at 8:05 PM, Eric Hall said:

Ah so apparently even though the new tire is called Rallz they pronounce it “Rallys.”

Desert HT's are off and the RallZ tires are mounted!  In this video you will see my used up Desert H/T tires, next to a brand new set... next to the RallZ tire next to the Tractionator Adventure Tire.  Three different tires for three different riders. Pretty neat.  What do you think? Take a look:  

• Like 2

Another excellent video, @Manybikes!  Very thorough explanation.  Interesting you say ADV is 75/25 when I've been saying 70/30 this whole time.  Pretty close.  I also viewed the MKII as kind of the ADV V.2 but it's a separate tire altogether.

Happy with my RallZ tires so far!  They did very well at High Sierra and the feeling I'm getting is like they took the knob on the ADV tire and turned it up to 11.

The Rallz performed well under the identical conditions that the HT failed in my previous post.

I was very pleased with the off-road performance of the Rallz front and rear. Looks like the rear will last 3-4k miles with my riding style. For now they will be my go to tire.

• Like 1