Eric Hall

TiresWheelsBrakes
Motoz Tires

129 posts in this topic

Just google it. I've seen the 150 for like $167. Not sure about the 140. RMATV or Chaparral

I jumped the gun earlier this year but the 170 width Motoz tires are finally in the US market.

1 person likes this

Motoz has some news...  

Finally we're seeing the 120's and 170's for the BMW LC bikes in the Tractionator Adventure (70/30) as well as the GPS (50/50).  They've also come out with the new "Mark 2" or MK2 version of their 21" front Tractionator Adventure.  I have to try that one out.

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 8.48.33 AM.png

120_170 Motoz Adventure_GPS New Product Release Press.pdf

Do they mention anywhere what's new about the MK2 front? I had heard some complaints on the forums about the front and have shied away from it so far.

Never read a good thing about the Tractionator Adventure front. I wouldn't use it again either.

Last Motoz front I used was the Tractionator Desert H/T which was better off road but also suffered from cupping after too much tarmac.

Looking forward to see the MkII. Shows a company listens to its customer feedback.

IMG_3275.JPG

IMG_3276.JPG

1 person likes this

Here it is: the new Tractionator Adventure II or "mark two."

Motoz didn't tell me exactly what they did or why. We all suspect the overwhelming feedback on the first gen tire was that it wobbles and weaves too much on pavement. Looking at the more rounded crown tells me that's exactly what they've attempted to address here. The first one seemed to rely too much on the center strip of knobs on pavement and that just wasn't enough surface area to stabilize the bike. This rounded crown now tells me that it's going to settle quite nicely and give it proper big bike manners rather than the small bike knobby weave. Motoz did say they view this mark two version as actually even better off road too.

I will test it out on this new Africa Twin that Honda is allowing me to play with for about six weeks and report back.
IMG_1198.JPG

4 people like this

The outer knobs appear to retain the same configuration between the two versions. They've oriented the new center knobs differently in relation to the outer knobs with greater separation between the center ones. Maybe a little less depth also. 

Because of the center knob layout on my ADV 1.0 , I decrease the psi somewhat to get less squirreliness in the feedback. 

A pretty beefy rugged tire though compared to the oem's that I was running. 

Better rim protection for sure. 

Lets see how this version holds up over some mileage. 

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

XL Adventure Motorcycle Community

Register a new account Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Eric Hall

What is the deal with this tire from Shinko?  I've been seeing more and more of it lately with lots of good reports.  I checked the reviews at Revzilla and it's rated 4.9/5.0 with 27 ratings!

I only heard one bad report from a guy whose name I can't recall down in San Diego who is a helicopter pilot; he said the rear tends to hop and skip around in gravel.  But then Brent Smith just ran them on his 990ADV up to Idaho and back to Park City and he loves them.

As to price, an 805 rear in 150/70/18 (my size) is just $141.76.

But what I found really interesting was last night on Instagram, whoever manages the Shinko account for Australia chimed in with this:

The continental is built in the same factory as the 805. They share the same carcass construction, same rubber compound and a slightly different tread pattern. Although there is usually a large differential in cost depending on where in the world you are

If you have tried them, please leave a review here
    • By Nate J.
      Here's a little edit of the first trail ride I took the Tenere on after installing my first set of Heidenau K60 Scouts. Tons of fun! This is climbing Bald Mountain in the Oquirr mountains just West of Salt Lake City Utah.

• By Bryan Bosch
      SALT LAKE CITY, UT – January 27, 2015 – (Motor Sports Newswire) –  Warp 9 is pleased to announce its latest masterpiece. OEM sized KTM 950 and 990 Adventure wheel sets.

The Front wheel is running the OEM size 21” x 2.15” Rim and the Rear wheel is also OEM sized at 18” x 4.25”. the front rim we paid special attention to and made the rim out of our best 7050 grade aluminum and then rolled it 1mm thicker than stock to produce the best front Wheel possible for the Adventures. Warp 9 then topped it off with ABS ready 300mm Floating Rotors on the front and a 240mm Floating Rotor on the rear.    Built up with oversized stainless spokes and nipples these wheels are ready for the back country.

About Warp 9 Racing
      Warp 9 Racing is a Global leader in aftermarket performance wheels. For more information please contact www.warp9racing.com or give us a call at 801 699-7979

• By Bryan Bosch
      Who's mixing what tire brands/models front and back? I know this is common for enduro dirt bike riders, but how about when you spend 50-60% of your time on the street? Any issues to consider there? What are your experiences in the quest to find good street manners and solid off-road traction? What witches brew combos have you tried that worked out well?
    • By Eric Hall
      Woody's Wheels are legendary.

Isaac shows here why you'd want a set for your bike

If you ride your big bike off road a lot and are tired of changing your tires from knobbies to road tires and back, it may be a good investment to get a second set of wheels.  Besides, they are lighter and stronger than your OEM rims and will stand up to the abuse.  I have run a set of them for about three years now.  No complaints