Western States Bike Trip Video with a KTM 990 & Triumph 800XC

Hey

New here but thought it looked like a good spot to share a trip video. We rode a couple of bigger bikes on a Western States adventure this summer; a  2012 KTM 990 Adventure  and a 2014 Triumph Tiger 800XC

Looking for another good ride. Any suggestions? I'd like to do all of only 1 or 2 states and really get off road the entire time and explore.

Link to video

Western States Adventure KTM 990 and Triumph 800XC DUAL SPORT​

youtube 3.jpg

youtube photo2.jpg

youtube picture 1.jpg

Edited by RoadToNoWhere
  • Like 4

• Administrators

That's a great video and photo collection!

You will have to tell us more about your route.  I figured it was Utah and Colorado.  I recognized that tricky switchback up Corkscrew pass and then saw you had a sticker for it.  That gave us some trouble when I did that a few years ago.

If you want to do a full State try the Backcountry Discovery Series.  I have done Colorado, Arizona and Idaho so far.

• Like 1

The fuel bottles worked great had no issues, saved me a few times. they didn't get damaged even when I dumped her over.it only cost me about 10 bucks to mount and another 50 for the bottles and gave me enough to get to the next fuel stop. I was thinking of doing a quick vid of the things I've done and a review of things I got and how I liked them.

keep riding and living

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Awesome looking trip!  Made me a little envious! I did a trip last year through Colorado and Utah but I was solo. I met some awesome folks and had a great time, but I would love to do another with a riding partner to help keep the competitive spirit alive! Ha-ha

Great video and thanks for sharing!

• Like 1