Honda Announces 2016 VFR1200X Adventure Model

• Administrators

U.S. debut for entire four-model adventure line set for
Long Beach IMS show

TORRANCE, CA – October 22, 2015 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Reflecting the growing popularity of the adventure-touring segment, American Honda announced today that the innovative VFR1200X is coming to the U.S. for the 2016 model year. Already extremely popular in Europe, the VFR1200X receives important updates for 2016 and will now be available to American customers, joining the previously announced brand-new 2016 CRF1000L Africa Twin in Honda’s comprehensive adventure lineup. Honda also announced that the NC700X and CB500X receive aggressive new styling for 2016, and that the U.S. debut for all four 2016 Honda adventure models will be at the November 20-22 International Motorcycle Shows stop in Long Beach, California.

“We’re very excited to offer such a well-rounded offering of adventure-touring models in the U.S. for 2016,” said Lee Edmunds, Manager of Motorcycle Marketing Communications at American Honda. “The introduction of the VFR1200X to North America follows on the incredible reception of the Africa Twin. With the NC700X and CB500X also set to get important updates for 2016, Honda has a model to suit the needs of any adventure-touring enthusiast.”

2016-honda-vfr1200x.jpg

VFR1200X_2016_06.jpg

VFR1200X
Now the largest-displacement Honda adventure-touring model, the powerful yet smooth VFR1200X is brand-new for the U.S. market. Well suited to customers who don’t want to sacrifice comfort during long days of two-wheel exploration, often riding two-up, the VFR1200X is powered by a 1,237cc V4 engine and is available with a standard gearbox or Honda’s industry-exclusive six-speed, fully automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT), which has been refined and updated with additional modes; both versions feature Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), combined ABS brakes and shaft drive. The 19- and 17-inch wheels offer capable road-going performance, while the inverted 43mm fork and single-sided swingarm incorporate modern suspension technologies. Other features include a one-hand-adjustable windscreen, handguards and an accessory socket to charge smart phones. An extensive line of Honda Genuine Accessories is offered, including products for storage, rider comfort and customization.

• Like 1

Kind of a Versys/Strom Starbucks type touring bike.  Not sure it has the right geometry or stoutness to handle the type of enduro adventure riding I do.

Eric you push equipment further than your average man.

African Twin for Eric, VF1200X for others more interested in scenery than helping honda perform destructive testing on new equipment... :ride::D

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have been riding DCT Crosstourer for something like 30 000 km now. Last year, more than 50% of my mileage was from gravel or soft enduro. I did several track-days also with it. For my current usage this the bike ticks all the boxes. Especially I like to ride rally roads (http://www.nesterallyfinland.fi/en/),  absolutely in love Ouninpohja and similar places...

I haven't ever been in the Starbucks, maybe I should go there someday...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just Bought one.  Yes I knew it was a big bike from the get go, But  I am planning a long road trip with 90% road and like almost everything about the bike.  So far I have a few hundred files on it will be making a few adjustments and will be outfitting it slowly.  I figure I will do a couple 2 or 3 day trips to see how it goes before I do the 5000 mile adventure.  More to come :)

20170708_134859.jpg

Edited by Pat4wd
pic
  • Like 1