Restless Travellers Launches Wheelrider – the World’s First Solar Powered Travel Carry-On Motorcycle Top-Case

SAN FRANCISCO, CA – November 4, 2015 – (Motor Sports Newswire) – Restless Travellers, creators of Wheelrider, today launched its crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter.

Wheelrider is revolutionizing motorcycle top-cases with a contemporary design and multi-functional purpose. Wheelrider has merged two essential items into one for riders who are always on the move. A motorcycle top-case that becomes carry-on luggage on wheels.

With a built in solar panel, Wheelrider is also equipped with a direct USB port to attach a standard cable that lets users charge their phones, tablets, or a spare power bank. This is an important function for riders who need to stay connected on the road for safety and fun.

The creator of Wheelrider saw a need for a top-case that was modern, convenient, multi-functional and aesthetically pleasing.

“After years of traveling on my motorcycle and dealing with suitcase trolley problems on road trips, we set out to create something that every rider can use while they are on tour,” said Stefano Mangini, creator of Wheelrider and avid motorcycle rider. “I created a new ultra-tough luggage dock system that is versatile, looks great and can be used as a travel carry-on case with wheels.”

Wheelrider has a diverse mounting plate that attaches to the rack of the motorcycle, and can host additional accessories such as a pouch containing a helmet and seat covers, as well as a built in helmet lock.

The contemporary design has interchangeable tops that allows riders to choose the size of their case depending on their needs – including the proper size for overhead bins for use as an airplane carry-on.

Wheelrider comes in a variety of colors, including night blue, ice grey, and deep red – finally bringing color and beauty to the traditionally dull top-cases currently on the market.

“We have created a new generation of modular top-cases that will transform the function, style and versatility of motorcycle top-cases forever,” added Mangini.

Wheelrider is available on Kickstarter starting at discounted early bird price of $190. For more information, and to pre-order Wheelrider, visit: Kickstarter.

About Restless Travellers and Wheelrider

The idea behind Restless Travellers is about creating modular products for people in motion. It was inspired by a journey from Shanghai to Italy by motorcycle. This trip identified a need to solve problems for travelers and people that are on the move and that need modularity, by combining different functions into one convenient product. Restless Travellers has a goal to improve the way we move and see this world, and Wheelrider is a great product for this goal.

INTERIOR: The interior is designed for a professional traveler. The middle section features utility pockets and a computer compartment that has the option to be removed for additional storage space.

DIMENSIONS: Flight carry-on: 45cm/25cm/39cm. Fit your helmet: 45cm/30cm/39cm

THE LOCK: The lock that secures the top case to the base attached to the bike, has been developed based on the technology used for fuel tanks caps. The lock is made of metal and uses a new generation of keys for extra security.

DURABILITY: The base is made of ABS, by injection molding. ABS provides the correct balance between strength and elasticity, preventing cracks under continuous vibration.

SPECIAL FEATURES: Waterproof, built-in Solar Panel, available in pure carbon fiber.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DimitriT
      I was going to start the thread with a I've been doing a lot of LDR lately (Long Distance Riding, duh!) and I need more gas crap, but to be honest, I love how the extra fuel canister looks on my bike.
      The problem I had is that I didn't want to the rotopax to be on the sides or the back but on top of the side aluminum cases. Right under my Wolfman rollie bags. But there was no way to strap them properly so I had to improvise.
      Total cost of project: $15
      Total man hours spent: 1
      Total beers consumed: 3 Industrial Revolution Vanilla Porter (I love living in CO)

Your standard ADV side case

Your standard BMW straps

Using the Wolfman rollie alone with the straps: perfect!

Using the Wolfman rollie and the rotopax with the straps: disaster!

The rotopax will just fly away with the slightest bump.

The solution: Footman Loops for next to nothing (here)

I also needed some STAINLESS STEEL hardware as well as some pieces of an old bicycle tube

Marking the “G” spot

Measurements because OCD

Am I actually drilling a hole on my sidecar?

I wonder if this will void the warranty…

The tube will help the water to stay out (in theory)

Screw -> hook -> washer -> tube in this order

Thank the OCD for measuring… How did I make it crooked?

Screw tight (boom, phrasing!)

Cut the edges.

Final product

And here’s the magic! Yes, these are the original straps that came with my bike…

This rotopax, won’t go anywhere!

Not bad, right?
      Best think, I can still open my side cases with everything on them!
      Now I’m ready to go to my local Starbucks. Oh wait, I’ve got extra fuel! I can go to the one across town!! WOOHOO!!!!

This post has been promoted to an article
    • By XLADV
      The solution for carrying more cargo on BMW adventure bikes
      Sandpoint, ID, December 18, 2015 - Black Dog Cycle Works (BDCW) announces their new BDCW Pillion Rack for BMW R1200GS and GSA Liquid-Cooled motorcycles. For solo adventure riders, a great solution for carrying more cargo is to replace the passenger seat with an integrated rack. BDCW's new rack puts the additional weight immediately behind the rider where motorcycles were originally designed to carry it, making it the ideal location. By moving the weight forward from the rear of the bike, riders should expect greatly improved balance and control.
      The BDCW Pillion Rack is a highly functional, rugged yet beautifully-machined product that greatly increases the carrying capacity of the Big GS. And, it works especially well with the BDCW Multi-Function Rear Rack for the GSLC or GSA-LC, but is compatible with most rear racks from other manufacturers, as well as the factory grab rails on the standard GS and GSA.
      Avid adventure riders will appreciate how the BDCW Pillion Rack mounts to their bikes. "Unlike other versions on the market, we intentionally engineered our rack so that it doesn't use the mostly plastic stock keyed release system. We found that the stock release doesn't take to the off-road punishment many of our customers give their bikes.  Ours bolts directly to the frame." says Kurt Forgét of BDCW.
      The BDCW design has several notably unique features and benefits:
      A great compliment for the BDCW Multi-Function Rear Rack for either the GS-LC or GSA-LC Made of industrial grade gauge 1/4" aluminum Bolts to the frame for solid mounting-designed to take a beating while securely hauling gear Quick and easy removal with four bolts to replace the passenger seat Generous-sized perimeter holes give multiple tie-down points for gear Compatible with the factory grab rails for both the standard GS and the GSA. Anodized hard black for a durable finish Spacers and stainless steel hardware provided Approximately 12" wide x 14" long Designed, tested and manufactured in the U.S.A.  
      MSRP: $195.00

• By Eric Hall
      Can I hit someone now?  With those drum sticks?
      These are apparently some new, cool panniers.  How I know that is because they say so: "The product is cool and versatile..."
      Ooo-kay.  So there's that.  "These aluminum boxes are cooler and more versatile than ever before."  Basically.
      What I'd really like to know is just what makes these new panniers so cool and versatile.  I mean, it's not like Touratech doesn't know how to make panniers.  They are quite good.  This just left me like a petite cuisine appetizer after a long ride... wanting more.
      Are they better than the Zega Pro series pannier?  Why?  How?  Are they lighter, stronger, bigger, more durable?  Your guess is as good as mine.
      I tell you what really got me interested was the riding in the video!  Those guys, Paul Guillien and Iain Glynn, clearly know what they're doing and look like they're having a great time (with aftermarket Touratech shocks no doubt).
      Here's that video

And the presser

• By Hawk42
      Has anybody ever used  Jesse Luggage panniers, Made in Gilbert AZ.  Thoughts or Ideas.  Tried stopping by their shop but they were closed.
      Sorry just a cut and paste job.
      Jesse Luggage Systems 
      10″ Odyssey II
      Dimensions: 10″D x 18″H x 20″L
      Capacity: 105 liters combined
      Total width: 37″
      Mounts on Odyssey II mounts that allow up to 5″ movement forward and back Luggage w/mounts - $1280
      Made from 2mm thick, 5052 aluminum for strength, endurance and longevity. Compound, multiple angles give these boxes strength, but also allow more volume in a sleek profile. The forward angle provides room for your feet when you need it.

• By Eric Hall
      I saw a similar video for the Tenere 660 and since that bike isn't sold in the US and the GS/GSA is and have sold quite a few, I thought I'd do a similar video.  The things I go over in this video really apply to just about any adventure bike.
      The key issue here for a lot of riders is what exactly do I need to do to my bike to outfit it for off-road riding?  When I started out I had absolutely no clue and unfortunately wasted some time and even more money figuring all this out.  I figure I can use my experience to save you money 
      I have to say though that I honestly didn't know how much I'd enjoy riding my bike off-road when I first bought it.  I figured it was just a means to an end, not an end in and of itself.
      However, these bikes don't exactly come dirt-ready off the showroom floor.  There are some things you should do right away, some things before others given their importance and of course some things you really don't need to do.  We've all seen that shiny sparkly bike at Starbucks all farkled up and you just know that thing has never seen anything more adventurous than a gutter in front of its driveway.  Don't be that guy!
      The other thread here "Post your gear questions here" is more for the apparel side.  This is the bike part of that same set of questions.
      I know it's long but if you're new to adventure riding or an experienced rider looking to explore more dirt, I think you'll find it helpful.