Scotty's "Butter Bike"

• Administrators

TOD14041_zpsea237818.jpg

Scotty Breauxman writes for Adventure Motorcycle Magazine as well as promotes an event called Baja Rally.  I first met Scotty at AltRider's Taste of Dakar in 2013 and have since run into him again in Baja as well as the last Taste of Dakar in Mar of this past year.

http://www.adventuremotorcycle.com/reviews/24-reviews/bikes/699-bikes-project-2014-bmwf800gs-urm#.VK71jSvF_To

He had this BMW F800 GS put together and billed it as "The Ultimate Adventure Riding Machine" with some help from BMW Motorcycles of Escondido, AltRider, Konflict Suspension, Woody's Wheels, etc...  When I saw him at the TOD event earlier this year he said he'd just picked the bike up the day before and was excited to ride it.  He said with the suspension, damper and Flexx bars that he called his "butter bike."

TOD14042_zpsefbaf267.jpg

There's many interesting comments on that page like how it's still way too heavy, too expensive, etc...

At some point I'd like to do something similar, like an XLADV project bike.  We're obviously don't (yet) have the reach of an ADVMoto to attract sponsors like that but I'm sure it won't be too long ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Short of the Flex bars and fancy fairing I have essentially the same bike, but I built mine!!  And my light make his look like candles with a short wick :) I also side stepped the premiums pricing from Woodys and went with Rad Manufacturing, loving every bit of the entire bike.

I've run Rad Mfg. wheels on a supermoto bike and they were great. I've talked to them a few times and found them to be good people, very knowledgeable, and they seem to stand behind the stuff they sell and build. I believe that they are in S. Utah.