Instagram

Rainier_runner

I'm proud to be one of the "organic" followers and appreciate any who follow us.  That being said I agree with the crap about some random asking for favors or special deals yet have zero involvement.  Sadly I don't post up here but I sure do lurk in the shadows like a proper creeper :ride:

• Like 2

There can be a lot of noise on Instagram now, and the way photos are ordered and delivered to the end user isn't always clear. Eric, I liked when you showed some info on the posts that reached the most people or collected the most likes, interesting stuff.

• Like 2

@Eric Hall I have to agree with you on your approach. Your initial idea even when you started XLADV was to create a community and it is great that you keep that spirit alive. There are quite a few pages that's only being created fro their own gain and not in the spirit of the general adventure riding community.  Keep up the good work!

• Like 3

Well some good news. Insta has shut down the biggest Botting service. So now people can go back and grow their followers organically and as it supposed to be. Not have a phantom fairy liking and following and un-following accounts on your behalf. 

https://petapixel.com/2017/04/20/instagram-shuts-popular-botting-service-instagress/

• Like 2

@iamrobhoffmann

Hi, all my pics are adventure or moto related. If there is some project in the garage i will also publish it, but mostly its me and friends driving. Sry for my friends who are riding some kind of yogurt-cup-ish bikes, i don't know why they are always riding stooped. It's so much comfier to ride upright or even in standing position. :D

• Like 1

• Administrators

So this is interesting: Fohr Card launches a service to identify bots that follow Instagram influencers

What this means is we can now prove what percent of our Instagram followers are bots (hopefully not more than 7.8%) and that helps our credibility given there are a lot of folks out there spending money on "bot farms" where one can essentially buy 50k followers for as little as $200.

Savvy marketers should now REQUIRE this kind of verification before they spend a cent with any influencer or they're going to be overpaying.

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Rob Hoffmann said:

Hi Eric, what about tools like followercheck.co, dont they work the same way? according to that tool youre way under 7.8%. :)

Well see?... I didn't know that!  Thanks for pointing out that tool ;)  I will have to check that out.  

I've gotten kind of annoyed with people asking me, on the sly, "hey, how many followers did you buy?"

• Like 1

What?!  So you're saying I could have just bought thousands virtual meaningless friendships instead of finding like minded individuals with the same 2 wheel sickness?  Hmmm, can someone spot me 200 bucks?

glad to know there is a way see actual interests vs bots on some of these social network mediums. 

• Like 3

• Administrators

I recently had someone comment on a photo I posted on Instagram with "aw cool" and then the same comment on another photo.  That smells of usage of a bot service to auto-comment.  I was talking with an anonymous friend about it and he brought up bonnietour who had done the same thing to him.

Bonnietour is this young kid who claims to be "Guinness youngest solo motorcycle circumnavigation..." and did it in a day short of one year.  Well first of all, I never understood these marathon "adventure" riders who are in such a hurry.  But more importantly, I had recalled that Mike Schram (earthroamers) is the youngest person to circumnavigate the globe so I reached out to him about this.

His response was basically that he had reached out to bonnietour, told him he's not younger and hadn't complied with the rules but bonnietour told him yeah but it gets me sponsors.  He says he doesn't mind someone breaking his record (he wants more young people to do these trips) but he doesn't like people lying about it.  He also says he's glad they spent 4 years going around the world and didn't rush it in one year.

In defense of bonnietour, his bio does say "solo" but still.  There are lots of riders making claims that don't always hold up.  I recall another team saying they'll be the first to cross the Darian Gap but I've heard of at least three riders who've done it before (Helge Pederson and a guy I met in Mexico).

• Like 1

Maybe that is what he is playing on about this Bonnietour guy. He was the youngest solo ovelander. But I still have to give it to him. Most 25 year old boys do a lot of wrist practising let alone take on the world alone at that age. But to start out your life in such a bit of a dishonest alternative reality way for self promotion can not turn out well later in life. :lol:

• Like 1