PR: Wolfman Luggage Rocky Mountain Saddlebags

2016 Rocky Mountain Saddle Bags

Updated Part Number M1016

We have revised and made numerous improvements on our popular Rocky Mountain Saddle Bags.

1933223 961820073887487 285902682688438433 O

The 2016 Improvements include:

-Flexi-Side Panels, offering a much wider range of capacity, 23 to 33 liters. Also making the bags and load compress and secure to the side racks more stable and securely.

-The internal Stiffeners are now in sleeves.

-2” Top Compression Buckles provide better load management and stability.

-Four 2” D-Rings on each bag for more accessory options

-Revised Shape to keep bags level to side racks.

-Revised Waterproof removable Liners.

-More Tailored Appearance.

12466149 961820120554149 8547049565578634704 O

What Stayed :

-Wolfman Legendary Quality Materials and Construction.

-Universal Saddlebag Strap rack mounting. 

-Ability to add Bottle Holsters and Rolie bags.

-Reflective Striping.

-Heavy Duty 1680 Denier Wolfman Ballistic Vinyl Fabric.

-35oz. Vinyl Bottom.

-22oz. Vinyl Back, Front Mounts, and Removable Back Pad.

-Secure 6 point mounting System using Heavy Duty 1” Metal Cam Buckles.

-Carry Handle.

-Length: 16”/41cm Top, 15”/38cm Bottom

-Width:  10 ½”/ 27cm Top, 8”/20cm Bottom

-Height: 13”-16” / 33cm-41cm depending on amount of roll.

Capacity: Each

-23 liters / 793 expanding to 33 liters /

Bags All Black with Black Vinyl, Liners Yellow

Part Number: M1016

Retail Price:    $499.99

12469479 961820203887474 5483705059333929004 O

So Wolfman is out with yet another new edition of their Rocky Mountain Saddle Bags.  They are $524.99 and I did get mine free to try from Wolfman.  Wolfman is not a paid sponsor of XLADV.

I've been thoroughly satisfied with my last set and will gladly sell them to you (for the right price of course!).

These new ones seem to be both a bit larger as well as a bit more flexible with packing size as well as fit on the bike.  There's also more d-rings which make attaching things like a Rolie bag easier.  I'm eager to try them out on our Copper Canyon trip coming up next week.

Details from their site:

Completely New and Improved for 2018!

The 2018 Rocky Mountain Saddle Bags have undergone a major transformation. A revised “U” shape helps carry and compress the load. Now 10% larger, these are the largest, most comprehensive saddle bags we have ever produced, the result of years of R&D testing and refinement with a World Class R&D team. A secure mounting and compression system keeps these in place on virtually any side rack using the included Universal Saddlebag Straps, while still allowing quick release from the side racks. Internal stiffeners, held in sleeves, secure the load making them become almost rigid and firm, not floppy. Flexi-Side Panels allow both smaller and larger loads to be compressed securely. And we've added a grab handle on each bag.

Packing and unpacking is made easier due to a subtle tapered shape -- the top is slightly wider than the bottom. The included waterproof liners roll and buckle closed, slide in and out easily and make it simple to keep gear dry. The liners are made from durable polyurethane-coated nylon with sealed seams to keep water out, and are yellow, making it easier to see items inside. Total capacity is a voluminous 36+ liters for each bag.

These bags are sewn in Wolfman's USA facility utilizing our own custom vinyl-coated 1680 denier ballistics nylon fabric. The bags have 22oz. vinyl sides, and one piece back to front overlay. Reflective striping runs horizontally from front to back. D-rings on the top and front of each bag allow easy attachment of a Small, Medium Rolie or a 303 Small Rolie as a top bag for even more capacity or just for convenience. Or add a Wolf Bottle Holster for fuel or water.

For 2018 we made the following improvements to these already great saddlebags:

U-shaped side profile uses a single piece High Density Polyethylene Plastic (HDPE) Stiffener
Flexi-Side Panels allow a much wider range of capacity, plus improve load compression and create a more stable and secure connection to the side racks
The single piece internal stiffeners are now in sleeves
2” top compression buckles provide better load management and stability
Four 2” D-rings on each bag for more accessory options, like a Rolie Bag or Wolf Bottle Holster
Ability to carry a Wolf Bottle Holster or Small 303 Rolie on the back
Revised shape to keep bags level to side racks
Revised removable waterproof liners
More tailored appearance

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By DimitriT
      I was going to start the thread with a I've been doing a lot of LDR lately (Long Distance Riding, duh!) and I need more gas crap, but to be honest, I love how the extra fuel canister looks on my bike.
      The problem I had is that I didn't want to the rotopax to be on the sides or the back but on top of the side aluminum cases. Right under my Wolfman rollie bags. But there was no way to strap them properly so I had to improvise.
      Total cost of project: $15
      Total man hours spent: 1
      Total beers consumed: 3 Industrial Revolution Vanilla Porter (I love living in CO)

Your standard ADV side case

Your standard BMW straps

Using the Wolfman rollie alone with the straps: perfect!

Using the Wolfman rollie and the rotopax with the straps: disaster!

The rotopax will just fly away with the slightest bump.

The solution: Footman Loops for next to nothing (here)

I also needed some STAINLESS STEEL hardware as well as some pieces of an old bicycle tube

Marking the “G” spot

Measurements because OCD

Am I actually drilling a hole on my sidecar?

I wonder if this will void the warranty…

The tube will help the water to stay out (in theory)

Screw -> hook -> washer -> tube in this order

Thank the OCD for measuring… How did I make it crooked?

Screw tight (boom, phrasing!)

Cut the edges.

Final product

And here’s the magic! Yes, these are the original straps that came with my bike…

This rotopax, won’t go anywhere!

Not bad, right?
      Best think, I can still open my side cases with everything on them!
      Now I’m ready to go to my local Starbucks. Oh wait, I’ve got extra fuel! I can go to the one across town!! WOOHOO!!!!

This post has been promoted to an article
    • By XLADV
      The solution for carrying more cargo on BMW adventure bikes
      Sandpoint, ID, December 18, 2015 - Black Dog Cycle Works (BDCW) announces their new BDCW Pillion Rack for BMW R1200GS and GSA Liquid-Cooled motorcycles. For solo adventure riders, a great solution for carrying more cargo is to replace the passenger seat with an integrated rack. BDCW's new rack puts the additional weight immediately behind the rider where motorcycles were originally designed to carry it, making it the ideal location. By moving the weight forward from the rear of the bike, riders should expect greatly improved balance and control.
      The BDCW Pillion Rack is a highly functional, rugged yet beautifully-machined product that greatly increases the carrying capacity of the Big GS. And, it works especially well with the BDCW Multi-Function Rear Rack for the GSLC or GSA-LC, but is compatible with most rear racks from other manufacturers, as well as the factory grab rails on the standard GS and GSA.
      Avid adventure riders will appreciate how the BDCW Pillion Rack mounts to their bikes. "Unlike other versions on the market, we intentionally engineered our rack so that it doesn't use the mostly plastic stock keyed release system. We found that the stock release doesn't take to the off-road punishment many of our customers give their bikes.  Ours bolts directly to the frame." says Kurt Forgét of BDCW.
      The BDCW design has several notably unique features and benefits:
      A great compliment for the BDCW Multi-Function Rear Rack for either the GS-LC or GSA-LC Made of industrial grade gauge 1/4" aluminum Bolts to the frame for solid mounting-designed to take a beating while securely hauling gear Quick and easy removal with four bolts to replace the passenger seat Generous-sized perimeter holes give multiple tie-down points for gear Compatible with the factory grab rails for both the standard GS and the GSA. Anodized hard black for a durable finish Spacers and stainless steel hardware provided Approximately 12" wide x 14" long Designed, tested and manufactured in the U.S.A.  
      MSRP: $195.00

• By Eric Hall

I figured now we have a bike, I'd put this thread here.
      What we have is a 2011 KTM 990 Adventure with just 3,000 miles!  It's very clean and has never even been off road before.  We hope to change that!
      My objective is to have a bike we can bring to all our regional events that can showcase some of the best the after market vendor world has to offer.  It's purpose is to become a basis of discussion as to how these things make a difference in our riding.  One of the reasons I picked a 990 is primarily because we couldn't get a new bike donated!  It's also because there are a lot of people making stuff for the 990 and it has a lot of good real estate on which to put custom graphics wrap on.   Besides, the 990 also happens to be a great bike in the dirt.
      It's also important to note here that none of this stuff is "free" that we're getting just because XLADV is so awesome.  This bike came out of my pocket and most of the aftermarket parts are being provided at simply a discount.  I'm happy to showcase these products and put sponsors' logos on the bike for their efforts.  That's one thing I wanted XLADV to stand out for and that's a solid partnership with the v
    • By Bryan Bosch
      Be sure to checkout our full review of the Wolfman Luggage Expedition Dry Saddlebags. XLADV Contributor Nate J. did a GREAT job on this one, so thanks Nate!
      Full review @