greetings from europe!

hi

i know some of you, if only online - for the time being.

i started riding bikes in 2010, my only previous two-wheeled vehicule having been my BMX. it took me a few bikes (trial and error, sometimes) to find the one that i really wanted. liked it so much, i ended up getting two.

meet cow and panda. both are 2008 1200 GSAs. cow is now nearing 140'000 kilometers and panda has 100'000.

being based in switzerland, i have traveled through western europe and central europe (mostly the balkans) with both of them, taking my first "real" trip in 2015, all the way to armenia and the border with iran.

always have a ton of ideas. always have a ton of plans.

who knows where our paths may cross.

see you there. dominique

cow (bosnia - 2015)

cow10.jpg

panda (col du parpaillon, france - 2015)

panda10.jpg

Edited by beemer bunny

hi eric

yes. issue all sorted out on the gray one (but she did leave on a truck - to be on the safe side).

it was just a faulty joint - everything else was checked and in perfect working order. had it been worse than that, i could have never made the 600 km ride back home, like i did.

i was adding some stickers to both bikes this weekend. but did keep a good spot for yours :)  and sure thing! i'll post a pic as soon as they are on.

both bikes are all done, serviced and ready to go. only positive thing about the long winter season here... more than enough time to get everything done to keep you busy. packing the new tool bag this evening.

and then i wait for the [censored] snow to stop falling.

getting a smaller and lighter bike end 2016 or beginning 2017. but i will be keeping my two fat ladies. couldn't part with them (notwithstanding the fact that with their mileage, nobody would want them here in europe).

take care. and the pic will follow ;)

• 3 months later...