Sign in to follow this  

Who's Watching Your Baby?

I don't need to tell you how expensive our bikes are or how gut wrenching it would feel if your baby was stolen.  :angry:  The reality is, if someone wants what you have badly enough, they'll probably get it. Security is all about adding layers of difficulty that will hopefully cause a dirt bag thief to look for a softer target. But, what do you do if they succeed?

I recently began to explore answers to this question and it led me to having an email exchange and ultimately a phone call with the folks at SPOT about their SPOT TRACE device. The SPOT Trace offers advanced theft-alert tracking (satellite based GPS) for just about any vehicle that instantly texts or emails you when your baby is moved. Movements can be tracked on Google Maps from your phone or computer and you can set-up the rate in which updates are sent, down to as a little as 2.5 minutes.

I'm currently in the process of testing out a SPOT TRACE, so be sure to check back if you're curious how it works out. You'll be able to find my review HERE. If you're already using a SPOT Trace, please share your thoughts with us! We'd love to know what you think of it.

The folks at SPOT asked if they could make a special offer on their TRACE product to the XLADV.com community and I was like, "Uhhhhh, heck yeah!" Here's what they emailed me:

For a limited time and exclusively for XLADV.com readers, SPOT is offering 2 months of service FREE with activation! Just enter promo code: SPOTMOTO during activation.

To learn more and to purchase: findmespot.com/SPOTMoto  Note that the price is $119.00 on the SPOT website, but $99.00 via their authorized retailers, so heads-up if you want to save another Jackson!

*Valid through 3/13/16. Only valid on new activations.

post-5-0-85617700-1455290635.jpeg

Thanks for taking the time and I hope that you like stuff like this. Pretty cool to get some love on what appears to be a great product! - Eric

spot_trace_300X250.jpeg

• Like 2

This is a great idea! I had a friend purchase brand new FZR 1K, in San Jose Ca. brought it from the dealer to work in Cupertino Ca.(read very low crime here) Parked it outside his building in the front of the main lobby and went up 3 floors and told some of his coworkers about the bike and they all went down to check it out. The bike was parked maybe 20-30 minutes. It was gone! People saw these two HUGE guys get out of an old pick up without a tailgate and grab the bike and toss it in the back! Got in the truck and drove off! No plates, just an old dark red colored truck with a new FZR in it. Cops never found the truck and he never saw the bike again. The thought was they followed him from the dealer and the bike would be parted out.

This device would have helped locate the bike quickly.

• Like 2