What'd you do to your KTM today?

• Administrators

The claimed increase in power is roughly 10 hp.  Mine tested 94 hp at the rear wheel before but I never did a post because the dyno guy wasn't cheap and I'd have to put the stock tire back on for apples to apples.  But I can totally feel the difference.  I think I have a video...

• 2 months later...

The gsa intake from what I understand is pretty low and some guys push from the right? in deep water to keep it higher.

Looks like your up to the bottom of your tank. A few of the holes I went through were up near the cylinder tops. Down in Mississippi I cross rutted and tipped over in one far enough to ingest enough water into the stock box to drown it. Typically I was alone and not a happy camper! Sadly I had already went through once and had to return due to the trail ending at a locked gate.

I tried to dry it out to no avail so I tied a strap from me to the rear rack and tugged/pushed up the trail to a Forrest road where a passing hunter towed me a couple miles back to the main road, the whole time "drag starting" the motor, still dead. Once back to the main road, I spent until just before dark getting it started. I don't want to experience that again!

• Like 1

So you push from the left then?

I've had some pretty crappy airbox designs over the years. Thank goodness for duct tape.

3 decades ago I had an entire 79 XL125 go completely under for a moment, grips and all and it kept on chugging out the other side. Then my 86 560 Sonic would sputter every time water hit my right boot

Edited by MGorman

• 3 weeks later...
On October 28, 2016 at 1:38 AM, greedyg said:

Holy smokes! You're not kidding, I just spent 30 minutes butt dyno-ing around the neighborhood and I am amazed. I would be sold based on the maintenance benifits alone, but damn that growl and the powah! Should have done this year's ago

No denying the performance gains of the Rott. intake as everyone states. Don't know if I need the increased ponies on my R to justify the intake growl with the open filter. For now I'm sticking with airbox and snorkel with UNI / AUS oiled panel filter w/ Wings cans ( mid level db inserts). Riding in the northern NY/VT areas where there's deep forest and seasonal camps where I ride, my noise output concerns me as I do respect others enjoying the same surroundings. To be honest the stock airbox maint. access is tedious. 

• 1 month later...
The gsa intake from what I understand is pretty low and some guys push from the right? in deep water to keep it higher.
Looks like your up to the bottom of your tank. A few of the holes I went through were up near the cylinder tops. Down in Mississippi I cross rutted and tipped over in one far enough to ingest enough water into the stock box to drown it. Typically I was alone and not a happy camper! Sadly I had already went through once and had to return due to the trail ending at a locked gate.
I tried to dry it out to no avail so I tied a strap from me to the rear rack and tugged/pushed up the trail to a Forrest road where a passing hunter towed me a couple miles back to the main road, the whole time "drag starting" the motor, still dead. Once back to the main road, I spent until just before dark getting it started. I don't want to experience that again!

All of us on this crossing, but we pushed the bikes to make life easier after.

P6043954.jpg
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...