What'd you do to your KTM today?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Rear header pipe broke last trip to TOD so I got a buddy to give me his off his old '12 990 he's salvaging and going to put that on.  Had to take the rear shock off though and found I need to order another exhaust gasket.  Will pick that up tomorrow and put on for the Mohave ride.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Allrpm said:

Where did it break? There isn't really any load on it anywhere. Chris (Rotweiller) didn't have one? Any pics?

RPM 

It broke near the bottom of the bend.  I thought it may be due to rust from condensation collecting at the low point but the inside did not look corroded so not sure.  I hit 108 on a dirt road at TOD and figure it may have kicked a rock up?  Not sure.  James at Rottweiler said Chris has one lying around but I asked him and he played dumb :lol:  Got it from Mo (Michael Oates) from Austin, TX.  He's a super good guy.  We've ridden together a few times on COBDR and Overland Expo.

It is 304 stainless so it is not going to rust out. If it broke right beside the weld in the HAZ it should be a warranty? Cannot say much without seeing it. At least you are on the road!

RPM

• Like 1

I'm on my 3rd set of headers, one front rusted out because the previous owner put heat wrap on it which held moisture.   it broke in half and melted part of my starter solenoid and the right portion of the stock skid plate and luckily not my furl tank.  The second front cracked at the manifold.  The rears both cracked in the middle and the 2-1-2 equalizer section section at the rear has rusted out twice at the welds for the mount.  If you live in Ohio, it will rust!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...