What'd you do to your KTM today?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Took a Sunday and relaxed in the garage to get ready for fall riding in New England. The 990 got fresh oil change , new magnetic plugs and filter cover , crash bar stud mod., air filter swap out and other minor stuff to nitpick over. Lost a day of riding but it's good to get into it and check fastener tightness etc. and double check things for roadworthyness.image.jpgimage.jpg

• Like 1

For my 990R , I installed a UNI filter Australia oiled foam panel filter in the stock airbox. Went back with the air box snorkel from having a UNI prefilter previously along with a K&N filter. Seems to behave better and also didn't like the intake noise coming through the prefilter. I definitely like hearing the exhaust note from the dual Wings without the intake noise. Not really interested in the Rott. intake after others have said that it's loud. I've gotten pretty fast at getting into the stock set-up , lol

I'm no engineer but aside from the degree of time dealing with the stock system I would think that they did plenty of testing with optimum airflow , sound control and protection for the motor to not go with exposed foam. I understand the Rott. System allows for maximum airflow but I'm no racer either.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Looking through my parts boxes I'd forgotten I had bought a custom increased leverage clutch lever so I installed it.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

You do have less effort to engage clutch while using only index and middle fingers. We'll see over the long term.

needs me some new levers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...