ADV Fitness thread?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, that's an interesting topic!

Back in my racing years (motocross), I would hit the gym 3 days a week, train on the bike on saturday, and race on sunday.

I didn't have a single filament of fat in this wonderful, sexy, somptuous and stylish sculpture that is my body (sorry guys, I'm italian, I have to play the part, bear with me. :lol: ).

Jokes aside, at the gym, it'd be a combo of cardio (LOTS of it, because a single moto was from 20 to 40 minutes nonstop, +1 lap, depending on the race/category), then it'd be a lot of weights, bench (not a lot tho, I wouldn't want to add MUSCLE weight), and a lot of stretching as well. Rather than brute force, my goal was to achieve a lot of NERVE. I would even train my hands by squeezing a tennis ball as hard as I could for 20 minutes. Commitment!

Keep in mind though, that I started racing when I was six years old (6!), and that all this was when I was 16, at the peak of my phisical fitness/sexyness.

I've tried to do some motocross again a couple years ago, and all I could do was 1.5 laps. Then I literally bombed. And I mean I bombed HARD. No breath, almost fainted.

Why? Try being decent at motocross, most likely the most demanding sport ever imagined, while all you do is work in an office, in front of a PC, for 12 hours.

Nowadays it's already a damn miracle if I can lift Fleeing Dog on the centre-stand. I do some mountainbiking (I ride KTM! :wub: ) every now and then, but maaaaan, it's a hard-knock life out there. :(

• Like 1

YO I LIKE FAT BIOTCHES, BRUH.

I mean...keep in mind I once had to pick up Fat Black Dawg. Which is a name I just came up with for the R1200GSA QUADRUPLE BLACK I had. :lol:

Yes, today it's friday and "I haz the dumb".

Only difference is the F800 likes to lie all the way down.  Not lean on her elbows like the 1200.  =)  Its all fun!  

On another note, my wife wants to visit Italy real bad.  I hope I can get her there in the next 12 months.  

• Like 1

• Administrators

I just leave mine where she lays and buy a new one. Easier. ;)

Not sure how, but I always seem to be able to pull it out at the last second and save her. I rarely go down, but part of this is not wanting the costs of fixing these expensive bikes! Not like a dirt bike where you can toss on a 150.00 plastic kit, some graphics, and she's brand new. This is actually something I struggle with. My bike is just too nice... I need to buy something already beat to crap so that I can ride it like I stole it. ;) Or. get it through my head that it's not a 250lb. dirt bike. My enduro spirit isnt dead! I think I need a second bike or just go back to a dual sport like a KTM 500EXC.

• Like 2

Only difference is the F800 likes to lie all the way down.  Not lean on her elbows like the 1200.  =)  Its all fun!  

On another note, my wife wants to visit Italy real bad.  I hope I can get her there in the next 12 months.  

Oh I like 'em best when they lay all the way down. Ok sorry, this is getting out of hand. (Yes, I just did not one, but TWO sexual innuendos in a row, at this rate I'm gonna get banned in like two days! :lol:🤣)

Hey, if you and wifey come in Italy, don't forget to stop by in Parma, I'll be your food-guide! And y'know you wanna eat good, when in Parma. :wub:

Edited by PierreADV
  • Like 2

Not sure how, but I always seem to be able to pull it out at the last second and save her. I rarely go down, but part of this is not wanting the costs of fixing these expensive bikes! Not like a dirt bike where you can toss on a 150.00 plastic kit, some graphics, and she's brand new. This is actually something I struggle with. My bike is just too nice... I need to buy something already beat to crap so that I can ride it like I stole it. ;) Or. get it through my head that it's not a 250lb. dirt bike. My enduro spirit isnt dead! I think I need a second bike or just go back to a dual sport like a KTM 500EXC.

You need to come out west and ride that damn Mammoth Lakes to June lake trail that Dennis "accidentally" took us down for 3 hours.   If I had not been working out for 3 months, I might still be there on the trail.  

Oh I like 'em best when they lay all the way down. Ok sorry, this is getting out of hand. (Yes, I just did not one, but TWO sexual innuendos in a row, at this rate I'm gonna get banned in like two days! :lol:🤣)

Hey, if you and wifey come in Italy, don't forget to stop by in Parma, I'll be your food-guide! And y'know you wanna eat good, when in Parma. :wub:

Your on a roll!! Haven't seen any banned yet.  This might be fun.  

• Like 1

I like your modus operandi.

Last time I changed my car was because the ashtray was full. 🙄

MWAHAHAHAH Just kidding.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna do like you, and buy a second bike, a almost-beaten-to-death 250 2stroke...come to think of it, a guy I know was selling his old 1997 Yamaha WR250 for like 500€, with plate, insurance, and everything...

• Like 1

• Administrators

I've seen a couple of lightly used KTM 200s that might fit the enduro bill. But, sure like that 2017 Husqvarna TE 150!

Some days I just want to slide up on the tank, drop the bike into a turn, and grab a handful of gas! You can take the enduro guy off the enduro bike, but you can't take the enduro out of the enduro guy!

• Like 1