• Administrators

I don't run it for my type of terrain down here but the Heidenau K60 sounds really well suited for Alaska.  High mileage and will do those types of gravel/chocolate pudding stuff they throw at you up there.  Im eager to try the Anakee Wild as soon as it comes out in an 18" rear and 21" front.

So Kodiak huh?  That sounds really cool.  You'll have to show us some photos.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Saw this today on a CRF1000L page on the FaceTube's.  Seems I'm not the only one who realized Michelin fumbled their US launch of this tire.

Excerpt:

The Michelin Anakee Wild is a decent tire but when manufacturers put people like the gs giants in charge of testing a tire ... it doesn't help our community.  You don't look at the (Anakee Wild) and feel like you've been lied to?"

14079597_10154541453221694_942281163169334500_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

DirtBikeTest just in with their review of the Anakee Wild

A response I left on their site:

Yours is the one review I was waiting for most and I'm a bit surprised given all the negative rider reviews I've seen so far. This tire is rated 3/5 stars with 18 reviews at Revzilla vs TKC-80's 4.5/5 stars with 132 reviews, Kenda Big Block rears at 4/5 stars with 16 reviews, Karoo 3 at 4.5/5 stars with 57 reviews. Did these test tires come straight from Michelin or from one of their retailers?

• 2 years later...

I have mine ready to spoon on. Just trying to burn up my stock Bridgestone's. I have full understanding that how long these tires last is 100% dependent on how aggressive I ride. Super mellow riding with a light rider and no luggage will yield a lot more miles than someone loaded down and twisting the throttle to the stops in the rocks.

My Super Tenere has not seen any dirt other than the short sections of horse trail testing my antilock brakes. I'm still getting used to the bike. My type of riding will be jeep roads and small sections of sands. Stay tuned for my review in the upcoming months....

• Like 1

• 7 months later...