• Administrators

Black Dog Cycle Works is known for their skid plates, particularly for the KTM's.  I had one on my '11 GSA and have one now on the project 990 bike.  They are the best.  What's cool is Kurt from BDCW put his skid plate and some knobbies on his 1290 Super Adventure as I was hoping someone would eventually do.  KTM seemed to shy to show this bike in the dirt but I knew it would be nearly as good as the 1190 and probably still better than the GS/GSA off road.

I saw this in the mail today and thought I'd share...

1190_v2_skid_lft_frt_adj_sm.jpg

THE ULTIMATE ARMOR JUST GOT BETTER.
Reimagined. Redesigned.

After 6 months of development, we are very excited to announce our new design (2.0) of our skid plates for the KTM 1190 and 1290 Adventures.

Our original 1290 skid plate was groundbreaking (literally), but we're not ones to rest on our laurels. Since we first released our Ultimate Skid Plates over 2 years ago, we've continually been out there riding and testing-and asking if we can make anything better for our customers. And when we see an opportunity to improve protection-we do it.

Being a small, innovative company with a focus, we pride ourselves in our ability to develop the absolute best products on the planet for your adventure bike. Our original concept has more than lived up to our expectations, proving itself time and time again to be the most rugged, long-lasting skid plate available -- with top ratings for ease of maintenance -- a high priority in our book.

So why redesign something this good? Our vision for excellence has elevated with our experience in the industry over the years. We saw an opportunity to fine-tune a few areas of the design, really tailoring it to your bike's specific needs. And we've listened to the market's requests for ventilation holes since the 1190/1290 motor can sometimes run a bit on the warm side. You asked, and we made it happen. 

See more about our design improvements on our website by clicking on the following links: