Fasst Company Flexx Handlebars

HandlebarsControls

They look pretty cool.  I first saw them on Jimmy Lewis' GSA.  He said he destroyed his wrists racing so he though they helped.

I know the owner (at least on Facebook) and I'm sure they'd provide me a set but Renthal provided bars for the bike already and while it was a very small thing for them, I still want to honor that at least another year.

The only negative I've heard about these bars is that they are heavy but on a 500+lb bike who really cares?

Now that I have my wrist injury though, it's something to consider....

I know a few guys who have them too (Kurt)

Several of my old race buddies switched to these.  pretty much every quad guy loved them, side to side beating is worse on the quads.  Dirt bike guys who raced a long time appreciated them for the same reason as Jimmy Lewis, destroyed wrists/elbows etc and this takes some of the punch out of G-outs/rocks/holes etc.

If you order some get a few sets of the elastomers so you can play around to find the stiffness that you like.  I didn't mind the firmest set, but try the others out for yourself.

I've run them on a CRF450R (Flexxbars) I used to ride a while back. They worked fine, but probably didn't appreciate them like I would today. Another product to consider is http://www.twistedengineering.com. They claim to be much lighter than flexxbars and flex in 360 degrees for a more natural flex. I know someone that's ridden with them and liked them a lot, also having ridden in Flexxbars for a number of years. But, to be fair, the Flexxbars were a gen or two older when he tested the Twisted Engineering handlebars.

They look pretty cool.  I first saw them on Jimmy Lewis' GSA.  He said he destroyed his wrists racing so he though they helped.

I know the owner (at least on Facebook) and I'm sure they'd provide me a set but Renthal provided bars for the bike already and while it was a very small thing for them, I still want to honor that at least another year.

The only negative I've heard about these bars is that they are heavy but on a 500+lb bike who really cares?

Now that I have my wrist injury though, it's something to consider....

I know a few guys who have them too (Kurt)

Cole Townsend. Good guy... I bet he'd help.

I've run them on a CRF450R (Flexxbars) I used to ride a while back. They worked fine, but probably didn't appreciate them like I would today. Another product to consider is http://www.twistedengineering.com. They claim to be much lighter than flexxbars and flex in 360 degrees for a more natural flex. I know someone that's ridden with them and liked them a lot, also having ridden in Flexxbars for a number of years. But, to be fair, the Flexxbars were a gen or two older when he tested the Twisted Engineering handlebars.

300 for twisted eng.handle bars? That's a little expensive. But the MAD boys like em on the YouTube.

300 for twisted eng.handle bars? That's a little expensive. But the MAD boys like em on the YouTube.

Definitely not cheap, but for then again, having come up from the dirt bike side to ADV, seems like when a mfg puts "ADV" in the product name, the price goes up 2x. ;) If you're someone with wrist issues, where reducing trauma = more riding enjoyment, the price might be pretty easy to swallow. The Twisted E handlebars are very much a speciality product, so I don't see the pricing coming down anytime soon. Maybe I'll have to have them send me some for some testing.  :ph34r:

Definitely not cheap, but for then again, having come up from the dirt bike side to ADV, seems like when a mfg puts "ADV" in the product name, the price goes up 2x. ;) If you're someone with wrist issues, where reducing trauma = more riding enjoyment, the price might be pretty easy to swallow. The Twisted E handlebars are very much a speciality product, so I don't see the pricing coming down anytime soon. Maybe I'll have to have them send me some for some testing.  :ph34r:

Do you think you can drill a hole in them for heated grips? Carbon composite is a funny thing some times. I tore a ligament in my forearm riding and my elbow joints take a big hit from riding hard.

That's a good question for Doug Cain @ Twisted: [email protected]

I agreed that the layered, fiberous materials might make that challenging without the right tools, if at all. If you do ask, let us know what he says.

@Jason R, 

Thanks for the interest in Flexx Handlebars, I just became aware of your post.  We work on two fronts, 1) absorbing vibration and abuse, 2) dialing in your ergos to meet  your specific needs. Building from those tenets you'll be in a more powerful and comfortable position on the bike, with minimized abuse allowing you to rider longer more comfortably.

Although all riders benefit from abuse reduction, those like Steve_Kamrad, with injuries, or like many of our riders with chronic ailments like carpel tunnel, tendonitis etc. greatly benefit from our abuse reduction. In most case our riders no longer experience pain while riding and inflammation is greatly reduced when the ride is over.  

Flexx Handlebars are tunable through interchangeable compression and rebound elastomers, with each elastomer being further tailored to your needs by adjusting the preload.  You will not feel a properly set up Flexx Handlebar moving, but it will feel like the front end is tracking really well. As Jimmy Lewis puts it, "Flexx Handlebars make a bad fork feel good."  Flexx Handlebars also tame catastrophic low frequency impacts by spreading the load over a greater period time, drastically reducing the impact.

We've spent a lot of time on our Adventure applications over the last few years, as many of you know, changing handlebars on the big bikes are not always plug and play.  From applications like the Tenere that requirer longer handles to manufacturing inserts that allow BMW customers to utilize their components as BMW intended, we have your application dialed with complete instructions in most cases.  

All of our products are American Made, out of materials that have the proper structural integrity to bring you years of riding enjoyment. We've experimented with many exotic materials over the years, but found none that offer the resiliency of what we've chose.   If you're in Southern Utah, a gateway to amazing riding, stop by and see us.  Shoot me an email if you have any questions, as I'm typically in the shop and lose track of posts, but would love to help you.  [email protected]fasstco.com  

I've used the Flexxies on my last three dualsports. Being an older rider, I need every aid I can get.

I won't leave home without 'em... :thumbsup:

I guess you could say I'm a believer. They're currently on my Beta ss 300 trials bike my KTM 300xcw and my 2011 KTM 990 Dakar. Nice thing is they will custom build for your personal preferences. First rate all around. I would not recommend drilling any holes or any other modifications. If you bend or break them just send them in and they will replace them at half the cost. This is probably not an option if they've been modified.

Inyankara, 

We appreciate you running Flexx Handlebars, and are stoked you dug our service. Keep us posted if we can help with anything.

Note, holes can be drilled in the handle if need be to secure the controls to the bar, as in the case of many BMWs, and not void our warranty.  We're always here to help if a rider has questions or concerns or needs help mounting the bars.