Taking the Long Way Home - Atlantic to Pacific and back

Thank you for sharing your journey with us. When you get home can you do a full walk around of the bike on video and share the story of each scratch and dent.

I am glad you enjoyed the ride report! That's a great Idea I'll start working on that sometime tonight or tomorrow morning. You think I should leave the bike packed up as is for the walk around vid?

• Like 1

• Administrators

What are the top 5 things that were most unexpected, despite your planning? Anything you really wished you'd thought of before you left? I agree on the "just do it!" approach. I wasn't fully prepared for my first kid, but 15 years later, he's still alive. Must have done a few things right! ;)

• Like 3

What are the top 5 things that were most unexpected, despite your planning? Anything you really wished you'd thought of before you left? I agree on the "just do it!" approach. I wasn't fully prepared for my first kid, but 15 years later, he's still alive. Must have done a few things right! ;)

. That's also a great idea I'll get started on the videos today... I'll go through my gear too and show what I felt was the positives and negatives of it all
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

DUMB QUESTION..... How was the White Rim? I plan to hit that and some Grand Junction pretty soon since its probably only an overnight trip for me, I'm waiting for it to cool down a bit. Mid Sept or so if anyone wants in, I'm flexible. Bosch / Hall PM me?

DUMB QUESTION..... How was the White Rim? I plan to hit that and some Grand Junction pretty soon since its probably only an overnight trip for me, I'm waiting for it to cool down a bit. Mid Sept or so if anyone wants in, I'm flexible. Bosch / Hall PM me?

White rim was tough on me. I'm not too experienced with big bikes offroad but I still was able to do it with the 700 fully loaded. Not to say it was easy... Or a good idea to go alone. It is an absolutely beautiful place though and absolutely worth every mishap, scratch, dent and bruise. I recommend getting a camping permit and spending the night if one is available. The potato bottom campsite was incredibly beautiful.

White rim was tough on me. I'm not too experienced with big bikes offroad but I still was able to do it with the 700 fully loaded. Not to say it was easy... Or a good idea to go alone. It is an absolutely beautiful place though and absolutely worth every mishap, scratch, dent and bruise. I recommend getting a camping permit and spending the night if one is available. The potato bottom campsite was incredibly beautiful.

Thanks, I figured as much. Big props for going it alone with little off-road time. I will go out on a limb and bump you up to dirt / slick rock / death drop intermediate just for having the balls!! My plan is to ride light (only a tank & tail bag), catch a few hours riding in Grand Junction or Mesa, get a room and spend the next full day out there and get a cold beer & steak afterwards in downtown Moab followed by a cold shower, good nights sleep before the short 4-5 hr trip back home to Denver area (actually Westminster). I know I know, that's not exactly roughing it!! LOL Edited by Rooster72
  • Like 1