California Dual Sport Rider

Dual Sport Rider from California. I ride a XR650L it does have a 6 gallon tank, I know small for an adventure bike but its big for a dual sport bike. I ride LA-Barstow to Vegas and the Cal Poly Penguin High Mountain Dual sport ride. I also own and run www.sirsquarters.com check it out if you have a chance. Let me know what you think.

IMG_20150419_102709226(1).jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators

Welcome!  The "XL" isn't a specific criteria, just the idea that bigger bikes are purpose built for range and luggage and handle differently.  I say it's generally 600+cc and maybe 400+lbs but there's no rule.

I follow you on Instagram and have seen your FB posts quite a bit.  Glad to have you here.  We will have to get out and ride sometime soon.  I also rode LAB2V but have yet to do that Penguins ride.  Can you imagine a big bike falling off that teeter totter?  :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks Eric, I follow you on instagram and facebook also. Defiantly need to meet up and ride. You just need to be the first to do the whole Penguin ride on an adventure bike. Saw an 1190 at the start of the ride this year but never saw it after the start.

• Like 1