Hello from South Africa

Hey everyone!

Im Shane, Im from the Western Cape in South Africa. Have been following the instagram group and decided to come join the forum.

I have a 2016 R1200GS Adventure, love riding and being on a bike. Great forum, loving the product reviews side to the website.

So far all I've done on the bike is a set of Grip Buddies and Rox Risers that have been fitted recently.

20160423_171716.jpg 

IMG_20160423_125821.jpg

IMG_20160424_025738.jpg

IMG_20160512_143619.jpg

Welcome Shane, glad to have you! I look forward to reading about and seeing what the riding is like in your part of this big ol' world. Nice looking bike.  :ride: What type of riding do you mostly do?

Hey Bryan, thanks! I see there is a ride reports thread so will definitely post up a trips and out rides as I can.

I prefer off-road riding, but the kilometers I've added to the bike so far have all been mostly on the road. I'm waiting on a set of rims so that I can alternate between having the normal Michelin Anakee 3 and a set of more aggressive tyres. The Anakee 3's don't do too badly on the gravel but it needs to be dry and you cant carry much speed. 

Welcome, Shane!

I have a few ADV buddies over there in ZA (Michnus Olivier, Matt & Megan Snyman) and am on the WildDog and RoamAfrica forums.

Our ride reports thread is HERE

Can't wait to read your reports ;)

Welcome Shane, im also in the Western Cape.

Good tonsee other SA boys here