What companies should ADV riders avoid doing business with?

• Administrators

And for the benefit of one Dustin Schulten of Colorado, let me state for the record that I'm also in favor of voting to protect these areas, showing up at BLM hearings and volunteering for trail maintenance days.  I'll also say I'm for working with some of the companies on this list to donate to some OHV advocacy groups.

• Like 1

And for the benefit of one Dustin Schulten of Colorado, let me state for the record that I'm also in favor of voting to protect these areas, showing up at BLM hearings and volunteering for trail maintenance days. I'll also say I'm for working with some of the companies on this list to donate to some OHV advocacy groups.

I agree, I am signing up with the group in Tucson, where I hope to get more involved. Just hope it is what I am looking for.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Randy Lazar with San Diego Adventure Riders posted this about a lot of people who showed up to protest CA's new park policy of not letting anyone hike off-trail.

His letter is here.

If you hear about these meetings in your local area, please show up or don't complain when you can't rider (or hike) anywhere anymore.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Meh,

Same old song and dance. Nothing new to add here. Tonight's dinner shall be Spotted Owl served with a side of Desert Tortoise. Same crud Sierra Clubbers have thrown at us for years, they're so full of it their eyes are brown. Even here in the liberal heaven known as Oregon that dialog isn't flying. We've been bucking the national trend by actually increasing the size of our OHV areas and if we all continue to act civilized towards one another that trend should continue. Of course now the domestic terrorists that booby trap the OHV areas have shown up in my neck of the woods so now I go packing iron, but I don't expect to ever catch anyone. Still, I have a code on my SPOT that means "send LE to my location, suspect at gunpoint" and I don't kid myself as to the other sides' intentions.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Upshift Online didn't get the memo.

Big Agnes tent reviewed.

The reviewed this Jet Boil product and when I pointed out on their Instagram JetBoil's policy, my comment was deleted :(

Now this review on MSR's TrailShot Microfilter

So do we add Upshift Online to the list?

• Administrators

Removing Bridgestone/Firestone tires.  I spoke with them at AIMExpo and they cleared it up.  It was some story about some land in TN they set aside then prohibited any kind of motorsport recreation on.  Turns out they did donate the land but then the agency (State of TN?) imposed those restrictions, not Bridgestone/Firestone.  They used to to tire testing on the land and they're not allowed to do that anymore either!  Beware who you give your land away to I guess is the lesson!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is all fake news. I have yet to find any sources they are quoting... "22% of all pollution comes from thrill craft"??? Seriously?? And they say nothing about the equestrian culture, which have the highest impact of any one group, on trails and the management of trails. As per the Forest Service.

Edited by Ride200mi
  • Like 1