Eric Hall

What companies should ADV riders avoid doing business with?

39 posts in this topic

And for the benefit of one Dustin Schulten of Colorado, let me state for the record that I'm also in favor of voting to protect these areas, showing up at BLM hearings and volunteering for trail maintenance days.  I'll also say I'm for working with some of the companies on this list to donate to some OHV advocacy groups.

1 person likes this

And for the benefit of one Dustin Schulten of Colorado, let me state for the record that I'm also in favor of voting to protect these areas, showing up at BLM hearings and volunteering for trail maintenance days. I'll also say I'm for working with some of the companies on this list to donate to some OHV advocacy groups.

I agree, I am signing up with the group in Tucson, where I hope to get more involved. Just hope it is what I am looking for.
1 person likes this

Randy Lazar with San Diego Adventure Riders posted this about a lot of people who showed up to protest CA's new park policy of not letting anyone hike off-trail.

His letter is here.

If you hear about these meetings in your local area, please show up or don't complain when you can't rider (or hike) anywhere anymore.

1 person likes this

On 4/26/2017 at 9:12 PM, Camel ADV said:

You can add Mountain Equipment Coop/MEC to the list (Canadian equivalent to REI). 

Do you have a link showing them donating to these anti moto groups or are they listed by one of the trail advocacy groups?

3 hours ago, Eric Hall said:

nevermind, it's already listed!

I totally missed it when I was scanning the list!

1 person likes this

All you bad apples with high incomes need to be aware of the social cost of thrill craft, it's killing the kids for crying out loud. 

The music is great, this is some of the best propaganda that I've seen. 

1 person likes this

51 minutes ago, Eric Hall said:

Did your read the comments section?  Comedy gold!

thrill craft.JPG

1 person likes this

Meh,

Same old song and dance. Nothing new to add here. Tonight's dinner shall be Spotted Owl served with a side of Desert Tortoise. Same crud Sierra Clubbers have thrown at us for years, they're so full of it their eyes are brown. Even here in the liberal heaven known as Oregon that dialog isn't flying. We've been bucking the national trend by actually increasing the size of our OHV areas and if we all continue to act civilized towards one another that trend should continue. Of course now the domestic terrorists that booby trap the OHV areas have shown up in my neck of the woods so now I go packing iron, but I don't expect to ever catch anyone. Still, I have a code on my SPOT that means "send LE to my location, suspect at gunpoint" and I don't kid myself as to the other sides' intentions.

2 people like this

Flappy's right on this one. I use to be part of the 4 wheel group called the Tin Benders, we poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into trying to stop OHV closures. The end results, lawyers and organizations that are supposedly fighting for the community got paid. 

In hindsight, once an area is targeted for closure it's only a matter of time until it's gone. 

Enjoy it while you can, and live in a state that sees the value in the OHV and Outdoor industry. 

I guess they're okay with only riding motorcycles in small, controlled areas where they can't hurt "mother earth."

A few years ago I worked for small manufacture in the firearms industry, during the peak of the ammo shortages, and the buying frenzies. 

Like most companies, e-commerce was a necessity; as was the use of Paypal and other payment portals as payment options. 

Long story short, when the company started doing well, nearly all of our payment portals got together and declared that the sale of products broke their user agreements. Their next move was too freeze hundreds of thousands of dollars of our money. For a small company  that move nearly destroyed us. 

Make no mistake, this was an attempt by multiply companies, at different levels of our infrastructure to put us out of business. 

The OHV programs are under siege, and there is no 2nd Amendment to protect it. These companies are taking your money, using it to systematically dismantle OHV programs, and are laughing all the while. 

1 person likes this