Hello from Phoenix, Arizona

Hey guys and gals, thanks for the add. Fairly new to the larger ADV bikes as I recently purchased a used 2014 KTM 1190 ADV-S. I also own a 2016 KTM 500EXC. Since the purchase of the 1190 I've added the rottweiler performance stage 4 intake and stage 3 SAS removal along with dyno tune. I recently made a mount for a Garmin Montana 680T and look forward to many miles on the back roads. Arizona born and raised.

Adam.0f1f4eb8f26b21d1ecbb265a82f2026a.jpg

Edited by Aframe
  • Like 3

• Administrators

Welcome! Some good lookin' bikes you have there! Having two really is the way to do it if the budget allow for it. I know the off-road riding in AZ is very, very good, but some is far to technical for an ADV machine from what I've seen. Looking forward to some ride reports and pic and/or video from AZ. 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's a much nicer area then the 10 and 17, that's for sure. Where do you like to go ride out there?

I'm actually up camping and cruising around Apache Maid Area. Crown King is always fun though.

That's a much nicer area then the 10 and 17, that's for sure. Where do you like to go ride out there?

098d862feee77e4bd5b64f78bf81a90c.jpg
  • Like 4

My dad and I are actually planning a trip to crown king for a motocamping trip. As well as a motocamping trip to alpine area. I've never been to crown king so I'm excited about it.

Nice bike too

Thanks man. Crown King is a fun little town with lots to explore.
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Nice bikes that you ride! If I hadn't bought the last edition of the 990/R I would've looked at the 1190-R a couple of years later. You didn't want an R or prefer the more highway worthy set-up/seat height of yours? My second machine is a KLR that lacks the punch of your EXC. I'm hoping to add a701 Husky to my garage in a few years. Spent some of my childhood in Tuscon,Kearney, Sunnyslope areas but haven't been back. Hoping for a ride out west to explore around , just gotta get things in order and do it!

• Like 1

Nice bikes that you ride! If I hadn't bought the last edition of the 990/R I would've looked at the 1190-R a couple of years later. You didn't want an R or prefer the more highway worthy set-up/seat height of yours? My second machine is a KLR that lacks the punch of your EXC. I'm hoping to add a701 Husky to my garage in a few years. Spent some of my childhood in Tuscon,Kearney, Sunnyslope areas but haven't been back. Hoping for a ride out west to explore around , just gotta get things in order and do it!

Thank you. I spend more time on highway, not entirely by choice. I also wanted the electronic suspension for dampening and load on the fly. The R model is manual. I gain more on the road than what I lose on the dirt. I always wanted a KLR. Still might add one in the future.
  • Like 1

Thank you. I spend more time on highway, not entirely by choice. I also wanted the electronic suspension for dampening and load on the fly. The R model is manual. I gain more on the road than what I lose on the dirt. I always wanted a KLR. Still might add one in the future.

That makes me laugh:) I have the KLR you want and you have the gnarly thumper I want. I'll always have the KLR around since it really is the ultimate utility motorcycle.Bulletproof,economical,easy maintenance, gives you a reliable feeling no matter your journey. Hope you end up with one. Haven't tried the new version with better seat and suspension they just introduced last year. Ride on!
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That makes me laugh:) I have the KLR you want and you have the gnarly thumper I want. I'll always have the KLR around since it really is the ultimate utility motorcycle.Bulletproof,economical,easy maintenance, gives you a reliable feeling no matter your journey. Hope you end up with one. Haven't tried the new version with better seat and suspension they just introduced last year. Ride on!

Let me know if you are ever back in phoenix.
  • Like 1

Welcome aboard fellow KTM rider. My first string riding bro has the same 1190, nice ride / ridiculous power on that beast!!

Yeah I love that thing. Wanted to have the best of both worlds and slowly realized I needed two bikes to do it.

Yeah I love that thing. Wanted to have the best of both worlds and slowly realized I needed two bikes to do it.

The bad thing about off-road riding is you need several different bikes if you want to do it all. The good thing about off-road riding is you need several different bikes if you want to do it all!!!

• Like 3

The bad thing about off-road riding is you need several different bikes if you want to do it all. The good thing about off-road riding is you need several different bikes if you want to do it all!!!

Lol that's what I keep telling my wife...
  • Like 2

Adam, we'll have to get together for a blat as I'm in Ahwatukee tucked behind South Mountain and have a litany of KTM's in the shed. Took years for wifey to see the light as to why 4 are needed ;) I've a 250xcw, 500exc, 950se and a Tiger 800xc. I've been enduro racing the smoker in the AMRA. Bought the 500 after watching Adam Reiman do flipping everything on one, just stole the 950se from an inmate on ADVRider in Flag, and the Tiger 800xc has seen it and done it all including Alaska. I've just crashed the 500 out at ACP in Buckeye this past weekend and am in a long road to recovery but when ride fit again I'll ping you for a Crown King blat on the big bikes :). ~ Cheers

Peter

Edited by GB.
  • Like 2