GoldenTyre is an Italian brand that's very successful in Enduro (the whole RedBull Romaniacs podium used GT tires, and also lots of wins at Erzberg) and is putting out some very interesting Adventure tires.

I recently put a set of GT201 tires on my 1190 Adv R and I'm quite happy with them.

20160426_113918.jpg

They also have in their offer a very interesting Rally tire (GT 723) which just now became available in tubeless sizes suitable for the KTM 1190 Adventure R and the new Africa Twin:

https://www.facebook.com/GoldenTyreWorld/posts/1201557823197337

If you check their catalogue (http://www.goldentyre.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Catalogo_2015_2.pdf), at page 4 you'll see they're also available for 19/17 Adventure bikes.

13393959_1201557146530738_40522774021259

If anyone has experience with them, please share. Only thing I found is an older review:

Edited by digitallysane
  • Like 2

• Administrators

Here's another video review Lyndon did for the GT201

I made this observation about the new VRM401 from Vee Rubber in an upcoming article on our #xladfproject990 in the Jul/Aug issue of ADVMoto that I will share here now and that is this renaissance in tire choices we have is much like I see in the craft beer trend here in the US.  Like it used to be dominated by the big brewers of Coors, Miller and Bud, the tire market was once dominated by the Continentals, Michelins and Pirellis.  And now we have such a plethora of not just choice in beer but quality as well, I see a similar renaissance of "craft tires."  You're seeing really unique tire designs, tires made from natural rubber, tires with 15 mm of lug (for longevity), etc...  I predict this will upend the motorcycle tire market here.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...