Hello from Hood River,Or.

I've been following xladv on Instagram for a while now decided it's time to check the forum out. I used to ride a 2011 ktm 990 but down sized to a 690 last year and have been really enjoying the lighter bike. But I do miss the smoothness of that big twin!

Heading out on Route 6 of the OBCDR in a few weeks. We rode the IDBCDR last year and had a great time, so I'm expecting this to be just as good if not better.

Cheers everyone,

Dan

• Like 3

• Administrators

Welcome Dan! I'll be heading through HR late July. Rented a couple of bikes for a ride from Troutdale, around Mt. Hood and back to PDX. Looking forward to it. Working out our route now. Any suggestions on things/places to see? We have lost Lake and Timberline Lodge on the list so far. 

I too have thought about a 690. Just worried about it feeling like a big dirt bike on the road. I've dual sported a KTM 450 that was fantastic off-road, but it really sucked for any length on the road. Sure sounds like fun bike!

Welcome Dan! I'll be heading through HR late July. Rented a couple of bikes for a ride from Troutdale, around Mt. Hood and back to PDX. Looking forward to it. Working out our route now. Any suggestions on things/places to see? We have lost Lake and Timberline Lodge on the list so far. 

I too have thought about a 690. Just worried about it feeling like a big dirt bike on the road. I've dual sported a KTM 450 that was fantastic off-road, but it really sucked for any length on the road. Sure sounds like fun bike!

How much time do you plan on spending in the area? Fyi, Lost Lake tends to get really busy in the summer months so if you plan on camping up there try to make it mid week. Timberline is always fun to go and hang out, can't go wrong there. Lots of great riding, the old historic Barlow Rd. is really fun and there are good camp spots along the way if needed. If nothing else you can spend a day in Hood River brew pub hopping and eating.

Hope all goes well and feel free to reach out for more info.

Dan

• Administrators

How much time do you plan on spending in the area? Fyi, Lost Lake tends to get really busy in the summer months so if you plan on camping up there try to make it mid week. Timberline is always fun to go and hang out, can't go wrong there. Lots of great riding, the old historic Barlow Rd. is really fun and there are good camp spots along the way if needed. If nothing else you can spend a day in Hood River brew pub hopping and eating.

Hope all goes well and feel free to reach out for more info.

Dan

Just a day ride... 8am to 8pm. We plan to be on the move to make the most of it. Thx for the tip on Barlow... I'll look into that...