PR: Atacama Soft Luggage from BMW Motorrad

• Administrators

BMW has released a new line of their own soft luggage for just about their entire GS line of bikes (650, 700, 800, 1200) called the Atacama.

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 3.07.09 PM.png

I would encourage you to read more about these new bags at the official press release here

My first reaction is good for BMW.  They've had the hard luggage for a long time (which I had on my '11 GSA) and this move to soft luggage is very much "Beyond Starbucks" which I wholeheartedly approve of.

What I think is most interesting though is the story behind the story; Mosko Moto.  They are the ones BMW is sourcing their Atacama line from and that's huge news for a small company with strong ADV cred out of tiny White Salmon, WA.

Let's be honest, BMW is really only making motorcycles and not most of the associated farkles.  Many new riders (like myself at one time) have absolutely no clue what gear to buy after we purchase our bike and BMW tries to leverage that in-dealer point of purchase to capture a bit more profit for themselves and their dealer network.

In case you weren't aware, Touratech makes BMW's hard panniers.  Forma boots makes their Rallye 3 boots (the Forma Dominator Comp).  Although I didn't have the best luck with my BMW boots, they typically do stuff like this pretty well.

Truly a Cindererella story for Mosko Moto.