Be careful out there!

• Administrators

Me too... Roads are just to get to the good stuff! Unfortunately, we encounter the distracted & careless along the way. I either ride waaaaay out front or behind. Not that this guy was tailgating, but I don't even follow that closely in traffic. He was hidden for just enough time for that Beetle to miss him. RIP.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm always cognizant of where I'm at within traffic. I always put myself in a position to be most visible. If I feel threatened by the actions of drivers around me I have no problem pulling off the road. I try to avoid making left hand turns across traffic, instead I'll go to the next intersection and turn around and double back so I'm making a right turn instead. That's right, far enough ahead or behind is a good strategy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Me too... Roads are just to get to the good stuff! Unfortunately, we encounter the distracted & careless along the way. I either ride waaaaay out front or behind. Not that this guy was tailgating, but I don't even follow that closely in traffic. He was hidden for just enough time for that Beetle to miss him. RIP.

Ditto on the roads are just to get to the good stuff, I actually rode a lot more miles and sped more than I care to admit on the old VStrom. Now that I'm dialed off-road I'm perfectly content riding slow on the roads and hardly ever pass anymore. My aggression is taken out in the woods, where it should be!!

• Like 2