• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just removed an 804 that lasted 8,600 miles on my 990. Was cupping a good bit and didn't do well off pavement any more. But it is good bang for the buck. I hated the 805 however. Horrible in gumbo mud with poor lateral traction. In the dry, it's a good tire. It lasted around 6,000 miles. Both do well on pavement.

For me, I wanted better yet off pavement, so went to the Goldentyre GT 723.

• Like 2

I've been running an 805 rear on my Strom 1k for about 2,500 miles and have been very impressed.  It took me up a couple hills that i did not think it would climb, although I am new to big ADV bikes also.  I have not tried mud yet, but it is also very impressive on pavement, smooth and grippy.  I have not quite touched the pegs down yet, but have touched my toes a few times and never had a slide yet.  I am running a biased ply 705 front with it, so won't need to try the 804 for a while.  The rear looks to last to at least 4k, maybe more?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
I've been running an 805 rear on my Strom 1k for about 2,500 miles and have been very impressed.  It took me up a couple hills that i did not think it would climb, although I am new to big ADV bikes also.  I have not tried mud yet, but it is also very impressive on pavement, smooth and grippy.  I have not quite touched the pegs down yet, but have touched my toes a few times and never had a slide yet.  I am running a biased ply 705 front with it, so won't need to try the 804 for a while.  The rear looks to last to at least 4k, maybe more?
I'm on my 3rd set on my KTM 990. Probably 70% off road two up for the majority of the miles. I've been very pleased with the performance and longevity. I previously was running the tkc 80's front and rear. The shinko's in my opinion are every bit as good and are considerably cheaper. Win Win in my opinion

• 2 weeks later...