New Member - west central Wisconsin, USA

Hello all, my name is Dave and I am addicted to motorcycles...

Now that I have that out of the way, a bit about the important stuff... my current ride is a '03 BMW 1150GS. Fairly new to the dual-sport scene, I've been getting things set up for adventure riding and I am pretty happy with it so far. Ditched the stock hard bags for a set of Jesse Luggage hard bags, I can fit all my camping gear etc. in and on it! Added some LED lights, engine guards, lower front fender extension, and a bunch of little things too numerous to mention.

Just returned from a trip down the Continental Divide across Wyoming and Colorado, camping along the way. Did just under 4,000 mi round trip! Finished off a set of Metzler Tourance tires, just switched to Mitas E-07's... will see how that goes. Metzler's aren't too good in the sand- but that's a story for another thread ;)

Last year rode out to the Black Hills in South Dakota, combined with a loop around Devils Tower, Wyoming and then an antelope hunt in NW SD, back home across North Dakota.

Planning to ride out to the BMW rally in Salt Lake City next July. 

So far most of my riding has been highway, although this last trip a fair bit was spent on gravel and off-road animal trails, basically.

Having grown up riding dirt bikes, I realize that I missed that -a lot! To me, Adventure Riding is a perfect combination and I am hooked! 

Edited by Sparky_Dave
  • Like 3

Adventure type riding is so rewarding as it lets you explore so much more from two wheels! You've started off with a bang! Those E-07's are supposed to wear really well! Great to have you on the forum! Nothing beats motorcycle camping and exploring! I've adapted my ultralight backpacking gear to my Moto camping. Keeping your bikes weight to a minimum is important. Ride on!