New member from Colorado

• Administrators

thanks for the advice I'm slowly working on it what tires would you recommend?

What types of conditions to you ride? What conditions do ride the most? What tires are good for you might not be good for others. Me? I'd be honest about how you ride. Don't feel like you need the gnarliest knobby b/c that's what "real" ADV'rs run. 👍 For example, I run conti TKC80s. Love the off-road and at speeds up to maybe 55, 60... Much higher, you can tell they are getting out of their sweet spot. But, I hate the freeway, so they suit me well. All tires are a compromise, as you likely know. Don't forget about our review section. Good tire reviews in there.

• Like 2

What types of conditions to you ride? What conditions do ride the most? What tires are good for you might not be good for others. Me? I'd be honest about how you ride. Don't feel like you need the gnarliest knobby b/c that's what "real" ADV'rs run. 👍 For example, I run conti TKC80s. Love the off-road and at speeds up to maybe 55, 60... Much higher, you can tell they are getting out of their sweet spot. But, I hate the freeway, so they suit me well. All tires are a compromise, as you likely know. Don't forget about our review section. Good tire reviews in there.

To be honest currently I do a lot on pavement because my bike is my daily since it's more inexpensive to operate than my old Cummins haven't had a whole lot of time to explore some of the dirt road areas since I'm still pretty new to Colorado (originally from Idaho) so probably a good 70% on road and 30% off

• Administrators

To be honest currently I do a lot on pavement because my bike is my daily since it's more inexpensive to operate than my old Cummins haven't had a whole lot of time to explore some of the dirt road areas since I'm still pretty new to Colorado (originally from Idaho) so probably a good 70% on road and 30% off

On my last 235 mile ride that was mostly pavement, but a long section of dirt/gravel road, the rented BMWs had these:

https://xladv.com/reviews/product/40-heidenau-k60-scout/

Found them to be really good on the highway, even at 75-80mph and fine on dirt/gravel roads. I did stop in some soft, moist grass, goosing it on the way out, and definitely less traction than the more knobbied TKC80, but if I was more judicious with the throttle, it's not like they'd have left me stuck. So, I really liked these tires.

I lived in Colorado and found it mostly to be hard pack and loose rock/sand. I don't recall finding a whole lot of mud, but I'm sure it's out there.

More tire reviews @ https://xladv.com/reviews/161-products-tires-wheels-brakes/

thanks for the advice I'm slowly working on it what tires would you recommend?

Well that's the question of the day out here. There are several tire threads and honestly I'm still searching for the right fit. I've used Heidenau and Mefo and like them both, Go with the Heidenau if you want something that does well on the road and is pretty good off-road. Whatever you choose keep in mind that 1190 is a rear tire eating machine so buy 2 if you find a sale. You will get lots of different opinions on this topic.
  • Like 2