Tire Sealant

• Administrators

I've considered it. But, most of my flats have been pinch flats, so most of the stuff isn't well suited to that. Nails, thorns, it performs admirably. I'd consider the causes of all your past flats and therein lays the best answer.

Never used this stuff, but...

https://tubesaddle.com/what-is-it/

new-tube-saddle-cross-section.gif

• Like 2

I've considered it. But, most of my flats have been pinch flats, so most of the stuff isn't well suited to that. Nails, thorns, it performs admirably. I'd consider the causes of all your past flats and therein lays the best answer.

Never used this stuff, but...

https://tubesaddle.com/what-is-it/

new-tube-saddle-cross-section.gif

I may have to try that, thanks.... As far as running in Florida, I've had countless flats down there so don't let your guard down. You'll find plenty of exposed roots and other "unexposed" items in that beautiful Florida sugar sand!!

Edited by Rooster72

It's starting to feel like you, me, Eric and about 5-10 other members have our own personal website here. I guess I'm still used to the endless and mindless chatter on TT with immediate responses and the inevitable troll that we all just love so much!! I'm also wondering when a Rotella oil or Why KTM is ruining offload motorcycling thread will rear its ugly head? LOL

I don't run low low tire pressures, even in the sand. At the low 20psi range, I still get plenty of hook. So far so good! But, as my wife says, "Never say never!"

I'm head out towards Keystone tomorrow for some exploring, any ideas in that area?

• Administrators

It's starting to feel like you, me, Eric and about 5-10 other members have our own personal website here. I guess I'm still used to the endless and mindless chatter on TT with immediate responses and the inevitable troll that we all just love so much!! I'm also wondering when a Rotella oil or Why KTM is ruining offload motorcycling thread will rear its ugly head? LOL

Yeah, we have lots of lurkers. But, the core is good! The key is to recruit more just like us! ;) You know, old washed up dirt bikers that ride street bikes with knobby tires. :ride::P;)

• Like 2

I've been contemplating converting my rear rim to run tubeless by sealing the spoke nipples with sealant and going w/ a threaded valve stem. Thanks for this product link BB. This product has caught my interest since a tube can be combined w/ it. This Tubesaddle product could be the ticket for me to try! I pretty much have avoided running such low psi in the dirt out of worries over pinch flats but this product looks promising!

• Like 1

Outside of watching an outdoor concert there, no idea. But, have fun! Share up some pix when you get back so I can long for home. :mellow:

Took that ride to KEYSTONE (Bad ass BTW), then found a great 20 mile dirt road pass from Breck to FairPlay. I've decided that I would not post any pix due to the fact that it was such a great ride that you might really get home sick!! Honestly I'm getting to the point where all the pix out here are so good they all start to look the same, you know the deal.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Took that ride to KEYSTONE (Bad ass BTW), then found a great 20 mile dirt road pass from Breck to FairPlay. I've decided that I would not post any pix due to the fact that it was such a great ride that you might really get home sick!! Honestly I'm getting to the point where all the pix out here are so good they all start to look the same, you know the deal.

Nah, do share! I'd love to see! I can't speak for others,  but I never get tired of seeing member pics/videos from around the world. :)

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Bringing this from the dead.   I've loaded up XR/ATK 300-350 lbs bikes with slime. I mean a lot, per the instructions.  Probably 16+ ounces per tune of the stuff.   I do a lot of cross country riding and breaking brush, off any kind of trail and run over all kind of garbage.   I've pulled tubes that had tiny green spots all over the place.  Worked great for cactus, small sticks, big goat heads, etc.  

by the way, it will self balance with enough of it.  Same idea as ride on balancer.  

• Like 1

i think I used the ride on brand calculator and put 12-14 ounces in.   Took most of the 32 ounce slime bottle I had.  Which seems like a lot considering the size of the bottle.  Felt balanced and plugged the pin holes.  

In the end, I've had good luck with it and anything is better then nothing.  outside of changing the tube and getting some slime to the face, pulling valve core and not knowing someone already put some in, I've never heard anyone say "if only I didn't use slime, I would have avoided a flat".