Free 990 fender

Have you looked into mounting a second fan on the opposite side? BDCW or ADV Machines have kits. You could also get the lower temp thermo switch. Still using oem radiator guard? Replace with open mesh guard?

It seems a lot of 990 ADV owners are split on staying with stock fender or going motocross style. I've not had an issue with mud build up within the low fender but then again I'm half on half off and my area of riding has more sandy soil than clay or mud. I think if your running a high fender the oem plastic guard prevents the radiator from mud build up within the core. I've got the stock fender with the powerparts open mesh screen along with a mud flap extension. To each his own, I've not had issues so far.

Edited by PeteMoto
  • Like 2

Have you looked into mounting a second fan on the opposite side? BDCW or ADV Machines have kits. You could also get the lower temp thermo switch. Still using oem radiator guard? Replace with open mesh guard?

It seems a lot of 990 ADV owners are split on staying with stock fender or going motocross style. I've not had an issue with mud build up within the low fender but then again I'm half on half off and my area of riding has more sandy soil than clay or mud. I think if your running a high fender the oem plastic guard prevents the radiator from mud build up within the core. I've got the stock fender with the powerparts open mesh screen along with a mud flap extension. To each his own, I've not had issues so far.

Yep, I'm going to install a second fan. That single fan runs A-LOT, but it did cool off a full bar or more by going back to OEM fender.