Sorta New from Vancouver Island, British Colombia

A big ole Hello to everyone from Vancouver Island!!!  I have been a sportbike guy most of my life and entered the XLADV realm in 2009 with a BMW R1200GSA and my wife on a BMW F800GS.  We walked away from our jobs, sold most of our stuff, and went on the road for 6 months in 2010!  

Since then we have lived all over the place, including Mexico for almost a year.  We love Vancouver Island so we ended up here and likely will use it as our A.O. for the time being.  I upgraded to a 2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure, sold it and now own a 2016 Ducati Multistrada Enduro.  The bike just fits me well, and pretty much does what I want out of the box.  

I do need to improve my offroad skills, but have never been afraid to explore the limits, not always smart as I found out while trying to get the KTM up a steep rocky slope with the stock Conti's.  I love the ability to explore areas that are not filled with RVs, cars, trucks, and such, so here I am.  I am looking forward to learning as much as I can!!!

Great site here BTW!

• Like 3

Thanks Eric, Looking forward to getting to know everyone and attending some of the rides!  We lived in Cozumel, it was awesome, but pretty darn flat.  Some challenging roads in places though, so it kept it all interesting!  Glad to be on Vancouver Island though, it is a mecca for all things adventure!

• Like 1

I think you can have an adventure on any form of two wheels, maybe an adventure scooter tour is in order!!!!  Yesterday, I was surprised when a friend of mine wanted me to lead him to Avatar Grove (the road is pretty rough in a couple of places)...he was on a Honda ST 1300, and the going was slow, but  it sold him on getting a bike more suited to exploring!  I am excited to get the Duck out to explore more of the Island, especially the northern end west of Port Hardy.  If you are ever up this way let me know! 

• Administrators

I think you can have an adventure on any form of two wheels, maybe an adventure scooter tour is in order!!!!  Yesterday, I was surprised when a friend of mine wanted me to lead him to Avatar Grove (the road is pretty rough in a couple of places)...he was on a Honda ST 1300, and the going was slow, but  it sold him on getting a bike more suited to exploring!  I am excited to get the Duck out to explore more of the Island, especially the northern end west of Port Hardy.  If you are ever up this way let me know! 

I was up in Seattle late July and we wanted to take the ferry up. But we had to be in Portland Oregon as well to see family, so we ran out of time. Sorry we couldn't make it. Gorgeous area!

https://xladv.com/topic/732-pac-nw-run-columbia-river-gorge-mt-hood-national-forest/