High Sierra for Lost for a Reason - 2016

• Administrators

This is our fifth and easily the best High Sierra yet.  I'd like to thank each and every rider who came, those who tried but weren't able to come and all the great manufacturers and vendors who donated prizes to this event so that we could raise over $3,000 for Lost for a Reason.

Our sponsors:

Wolfman Luggage

Icon Raiden

Sena

ADV Addicts

Konflict Suspension

Malcom Smith Racing (MSR)

GSI Outdoors

June Lake Brewing

Into the Horizon

Giant Loop

Leatt

Wunderlich USA

BMW Motorcycles of Riverside

I'd like to thank Dennis Godwin for his trailering me up and back in his palatial motorhome as well as his fantastic and infectious attitude that is truly the spirit of adventure riding at its best.   Dennis is always eager to help a rider, share a tip or offer support and encouragement.  This event wouldn't have been the same without him.

I'd also like to thank Ron Grace for his Job-like perseverance in getting out to our event.  He suffered two mechanical setbacks but was committed to keep going.  His humble attitude and enthusiasm for our sport is inspirational.

I'd also like to thank a whole host of volunteers who helped in countless ways:  Paul Costello is the master ticket salesman!  Jonathan Thomas, Rafe Hardy, Rob Day, Jesse Kimball, Lance Gines, Kevin Carpenter, Stephen Gregory and Michelle Coale.

So here we go!  Post up your favorite photos, videos and stories so we can see what a great time you had!  We'll choose two people's best photos for one of two $150 gift certificates from Konflict Suspension.

• Like 4

• Administrators

We got in at about 7:30 last night. 8 hours for a 5.5 hour drive but we stopped for propane once where they didn't have any then propane then diesel and then groceries. Plus we are limited to 55 mph. It's all good though.

Got to camp and Pat Bianchi was here to greet us. We grilled up some dinner and I didn't even bother putting up my tent. I could get used to this motor home stuff

Got some star shots last night and now this sunrise

Image1472734867.366337.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators

That also belongs to Dennis Godwin.

We went exploring new trails today (Dennis and Pat and I) and had a blast. Denis is just an amazing rider. Great guy too.

Got back to camp around 2:00 and have just been so busy getting stuff ready.

Lots of riders showed up today and then more tonight and tomorrow.

IMG_7702.JPG

IMG_7704.JPG

• Like 3

That also belongs to Dennis Godwin.

We went exploring new trails today (Dennis and Pat and I) and had a blast. Denis is just an amazing rider. Great guy too.

Got back to camp around 2:00 and have just been so busy getting stuff ready.

Lots of riders showed up today and then more tonight and tomorrow.

attachicon.gifIMG_7702.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_7704.JPG

I love that 990. One thing for sure, if I ever see you out there I'll definitely know who it is!!

• Like 2

Talk about riding in style! Dennis Godwin shows up in this rolling palace. Probably has its own Starbucks inside

attachicon.gifIMG_7697.JPG

And here we are in Big Pine

attachicon.gifIMG_7698.JPG

But this is the sticker that makes us legit

attachicon.gifIMG_7700.JPG

Dennis has The official GS trophy competition package in that mobile home. Ask him where the tennis balls and teeter totter is hiding.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Jonathan came up on a bicyclist stopped on the side of the road. He asked if the guy was okay and was waived off but he said something didn't feel right so he turned around. Turns out the guy was having a heart attack and wasn't responding to simple questions. He then fell back into a seizure and that's when Jonathan called 911 and stayed until help arrived.

• Like 4

Jonathan came up on a bicyclist stopped on the side of the road. He asked if the guy was okay and was waived off but he said something didn't feel right so he turned around. Turns out the guy was having a heart attack and wasn't responding to simple questions. He then fell back into a seizure and that's when Jonathan called 911 and stayed until help arrived.

oh my!
  • Like 2

Thurs morning left the house early to beat the heat across the desert.

First pic of the trip, sunrise along 395

DSCN2251

Fueled up in Bishop, headed up the  fun & fast dirt super hwy, Casa Diablo to the scenic Benton Crossing

DSCN2252

DSCN2253

DSCN2256

Rolled into camp around 10am, only a few riders there, most out riding already.
Dumped my gear and set up camp.  Met Neil and his brand new black beauty GSA then we headed into Mammoth for lunch and explore some local trails.

On the way back to camp, I split off from Neil and stopped to check out an inviting section of the Owens.
Sat down on the grass and ended up falling asleep for a half hour, until a cow woke me up.  I could get used to this....

DSCN2257

DSCN2259

DSCN2263

Got back to camp in time to catch the setting sun.  Good first day -

DSCN2264

Edited by greedyg
  • Like 6

• Administrators

Got my photos all together finally.  I had some from my iPhone, my new Nikon 1 J4 and then my old Canon Rebel XTi.  I think there are a few of Ron's photos mixed in there as well.

To post a photo you can simply add it in a post as an attachment or you can go to our gallery section and create your own album (that's what I did).  Then to add a photo from your gallery into a post you click on "My Media" in the toolbar at the top of your post and then choose "Gallery Images."

Night shot

IMG 8897

Loren's new ST.  I posted this on Instagram and it has over 1600 likes

IMG 7702

Dennis brought his new (to him) HP2 as well as his GSA

IMG 7739

A bit windy but the Redverz Atacama tent held up great

IMG 7740

Project bike handled great (as usual)

IMG 7703

Randy Owens and Cyndy Kelso

IMG 8908