Ciao from Italy!

Hey guys!

I'm Pierre, I'm 33 and I'm italian!

I'm not even sure what to write...oh, right. First of all, sorry for my English! I'm gonna try my best in order to be understood!

Anyway...yeah...I like bikes. Big enduros, specifically. Oh and I also make videos about them!

Hmm.
But first a bit of backstory, I promise it won't take long.

I started riding when I was 6, riding minicross bikes, and after that, I continued racing MX up until when I was 18, when, after a nasty crash made me decide to take it a tad easier.

Fast forward a year, I was riding sport/superbikes on italian tracks.

And now, well, since at least 5 years, I've been riding big enduros all around Italy, and a bit of Europe.

Following no particular order, I had in my garage:
-Cagiva GranCanyon 900 my1998(my first big enduro, I absolutely adored that thing. 98.000 kms, and not A SINGLE problem)

-Triumph Tiger 800XC my2011 (bought it from a guy I knew, not a single problem until it literally started falling apart...with only 30k kms!)

-Aprilia ETV1000 Caponord my2004 (Curse the day I bought it. 'nuff said)
-BMW R1200GS Adventure my2013 (brilliant bike, loved it...but it was literally too big for me, and I was constantly struggling)
-Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 NTX my 2011 (another bike I love. My dad now owns it, and he absolutely ADORES it. Very underrated bike, IMHO)

-Yamaha XT1200Z SuperTènèrè Worldcrosser my2013 (I have it since a couple months...nice bike, but I'm not sure about keeping it.)

Anyway, after annoying everyone, I don't know what to say anymore.

Oh, right!

If you guys would be so kind as to check my Youtube channel, and leave a comment, or whatever, it'd be GREATLY appreciated! (and you can also see Italy, which isn't a bad thing at all!)

Well, jokes aside, I'm glad I finally decided to register on XLADV, after following them on both Instagram and Twitter.

I can't wait to know you guy!

Ciao Ciao!

Pierre

• Like 5

• Administrators

Welcome!

First, your English is better that my Italian, so you're good! I understood everything you posted clearly... 👍  Sounds like an interesting tour of duty for different bikes and riding types/styles. I'm sure that there is something that you like about all of them.

Link to your youtube channel? Also, if you copy/paste the URL for any of your youtube videos into a post on XLADV, it will embed the video player.

For example:

• Like 3

Thanks Bryan, nice to meet you!

Oh boy, You're right, I'm dumb. I talked left and right about the channel, and I forgot to link it.

Here it is! WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/PIERREC71

And here's a quick video of what I usually do: https://youtu.be/syEDLKyVow4

I hope y'all enjoy it! :)

Edited by PierreADV
  • Like 2

Welcome. Hope you survived the Earthquake out there!!

Hey Rooster, thanks!

Yeah, no worries. It happened in Rieti, near Rome, roughly 500 kms away from where I live...which is Parma! You guys know Parma, right? Home of the world famous Parmesan cheese...Parma Ham... c'mon, I'm sure y'all know it ;)

• Like 2

I do.

Unfortunately here in the States, Wisconsin probably sells more Parmesan than Italy. But I have heard of (and used) both Parma ham and Parmesan cheese. Probably in the same dish (carbonara,IIRC?). Generally speaking though, Americans in a group are not particularly well-informed on almost ANYTHING European other than what they can assimilate via the current hipster trends it seems (present company excepted, of course).

I have a very dear friend and colleague from France who is all too familiar with our cultural divide. Nonetheless when his Father visited here a number of years ago he took home Californian wine rather than our local stuff, much to my freind's disgust so there is no explaining tastes.

But thanks for posting and I'll be sure and check out the videos. It's cool to see the different areas of the World that I'm unlikely to ever see with my own eyes and of course by motorcycle is the best way. I might see Europe one of these days and Italy and France are at the top of the list of countries to see, but it's far more likely that I'll do either Baja or the Alcan (or both) than Europe by motorcycle although of such stuff dreams are made. I'm blessed to live in a State that although run by extreme liberals still has a LOT of varying terrains and indeed climates available to ride in within a few hundred miles in any direction. Indeed it is my understanding that Oregon is among the few States to actually be increasing the OHV oportunities due to our OHV tag monies although from where I'm sitting on my big road legal bike that's a bit of a two-edged sword.

Off topic again, sorry. As I said thanks for posting up. I especially like to hear what's going on on the Continent so I'll be watching your videos keenly and of course posting here is especially welcome as well.

• Like 1

I do.

Unfortunately here in the States, Wisconsin probably sells more Parmesan than Italy. But I have heard of (and used) both Parma ham and Parmesan cheese. Probably in the same dish (carbonara,IIRC?). Generally speaking though, Americans in a group are not particularly well-informed on almost ANYTHING European other than what they can assimilate via the current hipster trends it seems (present company excepted, of course).

I have a very dear friend and colleague from France who is all too familiar with our cultural divide. Nonetheless when his Father visited here a number of years ago he took home Californian wine rather than our local stuff, much to my freind's disgust so there is no explaining tastes.

But thanks for posting and I'll be sure and check out the videos. It's cool to see the different areas of the World that I'm unlikely to ever see with my own eyes and of course by motorcycle is the best way. I might see Europe one of these days and Italy and France are at the top of the list of countries to see, but it's far more likely that I'll do either Baja or the Alcan (or both) than Europe by motorcycle although of such stuff dreams are made. I'm blessed to live in a State that although run by extreme liberals still has a LOT of varying terrains and indeed climates available to ride in within a few hundred miles in any direction. Indeed it is my understanding that Oregon is among the few States to actually be increasing the OHV oportunities due to our OHV tag monies although from where I'm sitting on my big road legal bike that's a bit of a two-edged sword.

Off topic again, sorry. As I said thanks for posting up. I especially like to hear what's going on on the Continent so I'll be watching your videos keenly and of course posting here is especially welcome as well.

Hey Flappy, nice to meet you! :)

Alright, uh...Carbonara, the Italian recipe at least, it's a bit different. There's no ham in it, but rather, chunks of seasoned bacon (not slices, mind you) along with eggs and parmesan cheese. Man. It's 8.30am and now I'm already hungry... *sigh*

Oh well, I'm glad you're willing to give a look at my videos, and I look forward to know you (along with everybody else here in the community) a tad better.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Parmesan Reggiano can only be from Italy!  It's one of my favorites and I eat it by the small chunk.  Not cheap though; about $20 for a small wedge at Costco.

Can I give you a little protip, Eric?

Try eating one of those little chunks, with a drop of balsamic vinegar on top. Then, let me know ;)

• Like 1