How it's Made: Race Tech Suspension

• Administrators

I got to stop in at Klim last summer and thought it would have been cool had I done kind of a "How it's Made" video (that Ride of My Life eventually did).  I recently got a tour of Race Tech so I thought I'd go ahead and do that.

Race Tech has been around since 1984 when it was founded by Paul Thede.  You've heard of the book "The Suspension Bible?"  Yeah, Paul wrote that  ;)

I went through two sets of aftermarket suspension on the GSA and have aftermarket suspension currently on the #xladvproject990 bike and I can tell you this is the one mod that will completely transform your bike.  If you're at all considering a suspension upgrade then simply pick up the phone and give Race Tech a call.  I'm sure they'd love to help you understand that better.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Do you have gold valves installed on your 990? I have a Tiger 800XC and am trying to figure out what direction to go with my suspension. Gold valves and springs for the forks and shock are about $900 or I can just try springs from Touratech for $350. Im curious if anyone has any riding experience with the gold valves on a big bike. I know a lot of dirt bike guys that swear by them. Not sure if I want to shell out almost a grand right now though.

• Like 1