2012 990 abs issue

• Administrators

I had a sensor cable go out on my GSA and hear it's quite common.  But then that would show up on your speedometer as well.

My front Woody's wheel came with a small lip that should have been milled off but it prevented me re attaching my speed sensor so I just left it off but I do miss my ABS especially when I was splitting lanes and saw a car start to come over, I braked and felt the rear wheel slide.  Not fun.

• Like 1

Not really, Ive checked and cleaned all connections. What I found interesting is the rear sensor was rubbing the disc, I cannot for the life of me figure out why or how it was jammed into the wheel. Im sure it caused damage to the sensor and malfunctioned.. The good thing is It's stuck in the off mode so Im really not too concerned.

• 2 months later...

My ring has a dent in it.  Now when I grab the front brake it instantly pulses.  So instead of fixing it can I pull the fuse?  Will my speedo still work?  Maybe I'll go find out?  lol

I don't want to have to disable it overtime I get on the bike.........

Yeah, no fuse = no speedo.  Rubbish ABS.

Edited by HeavyHustler

• 3 weeks later...

I just figured out there was a 2nd fuse for the ABS behind the skid plate. Pulled the fuse, no more hassles.

Wherever did you learn such wisdom HH?

From my short experience I would look for a short in the abs wiring causing intermittent issues. Mine was the bolt head on engine behind battery box wore through one of the conductors. It would work for a bit and then blow the 40 A fuse. Just before that it would intermittently work without blowing the fuse.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...