Horizons Unlimited 2016 Yosemite

• Administrators

This is my third year hear at HU Yosemite. If you haven't done this it's something I highly recommend.

Got here about 4:00 today and set up camp, talked to a few vendor friends from Racer Gloves, Mosko Moto, Giant Loop, Moto Pockets, Cycle Wipes, Atlas Throttle Lock, etc...

I heard Sam Manicom and Alex Chacon speak tonight and both were fantastic.

I go to get in my tent and I'm like "where is my tent?! Forgot it

Luckily Chris Kelly had an extra in his rv.

IMG_7976.JPG

I'm presenting Friday on becoming a sponsored rider and then Saturday on cooking off the bike with Nicole Stavros Espinosa.

• Like 4

• Administrators

I did a cooking off the bike demo with Nicole Stavros Espinosa.  She is a great lady and knows a good deal about cooking off the bike.

DSC_0695.JPG

DSC_0690.JPG

Ron Grace from Lost for a Reason could not make it out but Paul Costello agreed to man the ez up for us.  We raised $438!

DSC_0687.JPG

Mosko Moto was there

DSC_0684.JPG

Along with CSC

DSC_0686.JPG

Sweet AT

DSC_0658.JPG

• Like 3

• Administrators

It's a bit difficult to capture the HU Yosemite event with just photos.  The real magic is in the people there... lots of incredibly fascinating people who have taken their bikes on various journeys near and far.

Sam Manicom said a few things that stuck with me.  One was that traveling tends to knock the corners off you and that you become more "round" and kind of go with the flow.  Another is that the one country he was surprised most by was the US!

It's truly inspiring.  You will have to make it a point to go to one of these one day.

• Like 2

• Administrators

I presented a talk on becoming a sponsored rider.  It was fairly well attended and I got some good questions and feedback.  Alex Chacon sat in on that and I kind of felt like a kindergartner giving a lecture to the professor  :lol:

If you're curious to learn more, here's the presentation in pdf format

HU2016 Yosemite How to be a sponsored rider.pdf

• Like 2

• 2 months later...