1200GS LC 21 fender modification

Taking after Woody, I've decided to begin my fender mod a couple weeks before my new wheel arrives. I'll post pictures as I do work here and there.

Next I'll apply heat and bend the fender, this'll add clearance between the fender and the tire.

Also I'm working on plans to shield the brake cables.

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

IMG_0329.JPG

Very time consuming, but everyday I'm getting more and more clearance.

IMG_0336.JPG

Edited by Rogers

I'm giving hot glue a shot. It's hard to work with but once it's set it should work fine

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

Alright wheel finally got here, and it looks like I need to do a lot more with the fender. This mod is completely possible but a lot of time is required to get it right.

Alright wheel finally got here, and it looks like I need to do a lot more with the fender. This mod is completely possible but a lot of time is required to get it right.

IMG_0416.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0420.JPG

IMG_0421.JPG

IMG_0408.JPG

Nice work on the details. Please show us the final product.

More bending, more clearance

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

Looks great! So any report if it's rides different or helps in the dirt?

Its been raining here non-stop so I haven't taken it off-road yet, but yesterday I finally pulled the bike out and what I've noticed so far is I can hop a curb or any obstacle very easily now. One negative would be, with traction control on and riding pavement the TC light will blink at me when accelerating, you can also feel the throttle being limited.

Can't wait for some trail riding!