GUILTY as charged!

I have to admit, I know I know I'm sure no one on this site would ever in a million years believe that I'd ride my clean bike on the street all day and stop at a Starbucks, but I did!! Here's how it played out, I had to go see some customers in the mountains today and figured what the hell, I might as well fire up the bike since it's pretty nice outside right? Turns out that it was a little chillier than I thought (as it can be this time of year at altitude) so I stopped by the Starbucks on I-70 in Dumont, CO on the way back and had a Hot Chocolate. Well, as I was pulling out with my head hung as low as possible without crashing there were 2 spotless GS 1200's all farked out with everything in the book pulling in. I just felt too damn clean and ashamed and thought to myself, I absolutely cannot and will not let myself or my new XLADV friends down. That being said, compounded by the fact that my snow and ice free days this year are unfortunately drawing near, I immediately raised my head up high, dumped the clutch, twisted the throttle to the stop, lifted the front tire off the ground and pointed that very sad 990 off-road to redeem myself! I didn't get much work done after that, but I did feel much better about myself and snuck one more great ride in this season!! 

My sincere apologies about the first half of my day!!

• Like 5

I actually have the "Beyond Starbucks" sticker on my thermos and yes, I have filled it there. Gets interesting comments from the barristas who think it is an actual Starbucks promotion! Not too many GS guys out around here now....too wet and cold for them and I still haven't mounted my new tires so I'm stuck in our truck.

• Like 4

Why'd I have to pick now to quit that stuff? Oh well lousy watering holes around here anyway. Whole Foods kinda "gentrified" it in these parts and you cannot order a large anything in the strip mall they operate in. Plus all of my vehicles are a landmark for the city Police and would attract even more unwanted attention that I neither need or desire.

But I did see a rather cool video of a guy on a GS with a modular helmet describing both the joys of the drive through and the fact that he apparently hated hot milk because he continually spit it out after ordering. That was sufficient to sell me my first modular, which was a POS but my current modular is much improved. I have not however installed the super-cool leet Starbucks wire drink holder on my bars yet so I'm still behind there. Does this count?

IMG_0122.JPG

• Like 3