Overland Expo East 2016

I went to Overland East at the Biltmore Estate a couple of weekends ago. It was a nice ride up from South Metro Atlanta on Thursday. I arrived late Thursday afternoon, checked in and set up camp. It was cool seeing the RawHyde guys on my side of the country. It rained almost all day Friday. Saturday night was fun sitting around a pile of wood that we weren't allowed to light with Sam Manicom and Simon and Lisa Thomas. Wiskey was drank and dirty jokes were told. Mallory Danger Paige from Operation Moto Dog was there too, but I missed her somehow.

IMG_0442.JPG

Off again!

IMG_0444.JPG

Camp

IMG_0446.JPG

Hawk from Rawhyde

IMG_0451.JPG

Cool Unimog

IMG_0457.JPG

Presentation by Sam Manicom

IMG_0458.JPG

Africa Twin haulin' ice!

IMG_0461.JPG

Thanks for the free beer coupon whoever you were!

• Like 3

Yea, I heard it was a real mud hole last year.

I'm still pretty new in this scene, but I'm finding out we have a lot more events on this side of the country than I realized. Looking forward to the next event though I don't know what that will be yet.

Quick funny story...

With the excitement of my arrival on the Biltmore property I missed one of the signs pointing to the Overland Expo site. After a some cool twisties and a few single lane bridges I found myself literally at the back door of the Biltmore mansion. I did a quick U-turn in the tiny parking area only to find 2 jeeps pulling campers following me. I don't even know how they managed to get those jeeps turned around towing those trailers, but I didn't stick around to find out!